Feb 4, 2018 - 2:28 AM
in reply to Chantal
Thanks a lot for sharing such detailed information. Based on your guidance, we have been processing the information and have managed to work through the first few days of our itinerary. It would be great to get your advice on the what we have come up with at this time.
May-5: Arrive in Lucerne at 5pm (from Zurich), rest up and do a little bit of sightseeing at Lucerne
May 6: to Mt. Pilatus Golden Round trip
May 7: to Mt. Rigi Majestic Round trip
May 8: to Wengen
May 9: Jungfrau (Lautterbraunen's waterfall - Jungfrau - Klien - Scheidigg - Grindelwald)
Mt. Pilatus' Golden Round trip:
- CHF 56.50 (per person) with Swiss Travel pass. Just wanted to be sure we are looking at the correct thing.
- If we go Swiss Travel Pass are we fine with "excl. bus"
Mt. Rigi Majestic Round trip
- Is this all free with Swiss Travel Pass
- Can you recommend what to do in the time we have between May 5-7 in Lucerne? And will we have any time to do things on the days we go to Mt Pilatus and Mt Rigi?
- Based on your suggestion we are planning to make Wengen our base for May-8 and May-9. The idea in to have the option of keeping both the days open for Jungfrau and choose one based on the weather. Please let us know if thats a good idea.
- Weather permitting, what is the good time to start the Jungfrau excursion?
Also, I wanted to check if any of these day trips are very tiring? I am traveling with my parents and would like to mix between hectic and relaxing days if possible.
Thanks again for your suggestions!