8 Days to Switzerland in June – itinerary help

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 June 2017 at 14:03:48 #812083

Hello Guys,

My wife and I finally have an itinerary for the Swiss portion of our European Tour, so I kndly ask your opinions regarding the attractions we defined (most of them based on the rich information found on this website):

Day 1) Arrival at Interlaken in the evening;

Day 2) Jungfraujoch with a stop at Grindewald on the return to Interlaken;

Day 3) Schynige Platte, boat trip at Lake Thun with a stop at St. Beatus Caves;

Day 4) Harder Kulm and…

Day 5) Train to Luzern early in the morning, Fräkigaudi (toboggan) and Stanserhorn Cabrio;

Day 6) Mt. Rigi and sightseeing in Luzern;

Day 7) Gotthard Panorama Express, (leave the luggage at a locker) and visit the Bellinzona castles, check-in at the hotel in Lugano Paradiso;

Day 8) Sightseeing in Lugano, boat trip at Lake Lugano and Monte San Salvatore;

Day 9) Train from Lugano to Milano in the morning;

Questions/Comments

1. We’ll be holding the 8-day Swiss Travel Pass

2. We understand the itinerary order for days 2, 3 and 4 should be evaluated based on the wheather, do you have any suggestions in case we got bad luck and don’t get to go to Jungfraujoch due to bad wheather?

3. What attraction could we add to day 4 agenda (maybe a hike for begginers)?

4. We already booked the supplement for Gotthard Panorama Express, are there any other attracion you suggest we book in advance?

5. Do you see any redundance on the attractions we have chosen (too much mountain or too much boat trip for example)?

6. We don’t intend to be in a hurry, so if you think some Day hás a tight schedule, please let us know.

Sorry for the long post and thank you for your attention.

Leonardo

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    3 June 2017 at 19:45:06 #864344

Hi Leonardo,

You will see a lot of Switzerland in your 9 days! Let’s hope the weather cooperates with your plan.

1. You can print the pass at home. Please see myswissalps.com/swisst ravelpass/price.

2. Our Interlaken page lists several bad weather options.

3. Indeed, a hike would be wonderful. Another options is a boat ride on Lake Brienz plus a visit to the open air museum (both are free with your pass).

4. Not really, except that Jungfraujoch sells out on some days, please see here.

5. There isn’t much hiking/walking included, which is the best way to experience the Swiss Alps I think. So I’d at least include one, but two would be better. See my link under 3.

6. The Gotthard Panorama Express doesn’t arrive in Bellinzona until 4 PM or so. I don’t know what time the castles close, but you may not have much time. Day 5 might take less time if you go to the Wirzweli toboggan, which is closer to the Stanserhorn (15 minutes on foot from the train station in nearby Dallenwil). I don’t know how it compares to the other toboggan.

Have fun!

• The thread ‘8 Days to Switzerland in June – itinerary help’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.