8 days Interlaken, Zurich, Rhine Fall, Titlis, etc

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
ST
ST
3 posts
Apr 28, 2018 - 9:02 PM

Hi,

I am travelling to Switzerland and will start from Geneva. My travel plan is as follows:

-Day 1 : Spending in Geneva

- Day 2: Travel from Geneva to Interlaken

Day 3: Interlaken to Top of Europe

Day 4: Interlaken to Zurich (Spending time in Zurich)

Day 5: Zurich to Rheinfall, Mt RIggi and return

Day 6: Zurich to St Moris and return

Day 7: Zurich to Titlis and return

Day 8: Zurich to Geneva and back to London

I wanted to check whether a 8 days Swiss Travel Pass would be suitable for me or should I hire a car. Although the total cost of both might be similar but I am not sure how many other cost (e.g. reservation fee, cable car etc fee) will I have to pay in addition to the cost of Swiss Travel Pass. Any suggestions on commuting and / or places to visit would be extremely helpful. I am travelling with my wife.

Thanks!

rockoyster
rockoyster
4024 posts
expert
Apr 28, 2018 - 10:04 PM in reply to ST

Hello ST and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

Reading this should convince you to travel by train. You will find it much more relaxing.

Study the map you can download from www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity to understand what is covered by the Swiss Travel Pass.

The only trains which involve a reservation fee are the major Panoramic trains (Glacier, Bernina and Gotthard Panorama Express) which I don’t see on your list.

ST
ST
3 posts
Apr 29, 2018 - 12:39 AM in reply to rockoyster

Thanks, thats very helpful.

we will be going to Jungfrau from Interlaken and I see on web that it would the red train (I thought it would be Bernina) or am I missing something?

secondly, I am also thinking about taking Golden Pass line while going from Geneva to Interlaken to add atleast one panorama train in my trip if not Bernina to Jungfrau.

Lucas
Lucas
9613 posts
expert &
Apr 29, 2018 - 1:57 AM in reply to ST

Hi ST,

I'm not sure what you mean by the red train?

The Bernina Express runs from Chur to Tirano in Italy. Nowhere near the Jungfraujoch - however the train to Jungfraujoch from Interlaken is a very scenic trip! Just not a panoramic train.

You can certainly take the Golden Pass route from Montreux to Interlaken (it continues on to Luzern as well).

When planning any of your trips around Switzerland be sure to use the Swiss railways timetable to find your schedules and connections.

Last modified on Apr 29, 2018 - 1:59 AM by Lucas
Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Apr 29, 2018 - 7:05 AM in reply to ST

There is a map of the panoramic routes to help with your planning: it is attached to the map showing where the Swiss Travel Pass is valid. Rockoyster has already given you the link above.

Alpenrose

Last modified on Apr 29, 2018 - 7:07 AM by Removed user
ST
ST
3 posts
Apr 29, 2018 - 10:41 AM

Thank you guys. Very helpful!

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018