8 days Swiss road trip advice needed

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 July 2015 at 15:40:28 #807607

hi,

i m planning swiss road trip , kindly advice best use if these 8 days and how i can use best places while travelling across switzerland …

23 jul 8:00 AM start from Zurich Airport rent car pickup

3 nights interlaken

2 nights lucerne

2 nights Zermatt

end at Zurich 4:00 PM rent car drop off

Regards

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    22 July 2015 at 18:08:05 #844655

Hi nraza,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! You have selected 3 beautiful regions. Did you check our pages about Interlaken, Lucerne and Zermatt? They provide lots of tips on sightseeing, hiking, hotels, etc.

Are you sure about the rental car? I’m asking because you don’t need one for the towns you have listed. A car can even be inconvenient in Lucerne and Interlaken, although it depends on where exactly you stay (did you book accommodation yet?). Cars are not allowed in Zermatt, so you’d have to park it in nearby Täsch (paid) and do your trips by trains and cable cars anyway.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 July 2015 at 20:52:41 #844656

Hi,

this is my 2nd trip of switzerland and in my 1st tour , i used swiss train system. But this time theme of trip is switzerland by road ..,,,

i have already booked hotel alpenblick in interlaken, monopol in lucerne and best western in zermatt …. Now i am planning to visit rhine falls, furka pass etc….

Kindly advise places within reach from interlaken, zermatt(tasch) and lucerne…

regards

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 July 2015 at 20:55:11 #844657

Pls note that, i will be using train for mountain excusions e.g. Mount titlis etc…so this trip is combination of both flavours (car and train)

Arno
    15471 posts
    23 July 2015 at 14:07:20 #844658

Hi nraza,

Great, so you know how things work in Switzerland. I don’t know about a hotel called Alpenblick in Interlaken, but there is one in nearby Wilderswil. If that’s the one you can easily reach it by car. I don’t know about parking but they probably have parking places.

Hotel Monopol in Lucerne is right next to the rail station in a busy part of town. So very convenient for train travelers but not by car. I don’t think they have parking places so you have to park in the rail station’s garage. That’s not cheap; I would estimate CHF 60 – 80 for two nights.

There are two Best Western hotels in Zermatt, so I’m not sure which one you booked. In either case you can park in Täsch for CHF 15.50 per day and take the train from there.

Places to visit within reach of all towns are in the links I gave you before.

• The thread ‘8 days Swiss road trip advice needed’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.