8 day tour of Bern & Bernese Oberland canton

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 June 2018 at 11:20:40 #816919

I really would like to get your expert opinions on which places we should go for our day trips. This is our first family trip to Switzerland, I am with my wife and 2 year old daughter in the first week of August. Your suggestions and inputs will be greatly appreciated. We would like to stay in a quite village in mountains.

Below is our tentative Itinerary

Day 1: After breakfast in Zurich Morning check out and drive to Berne and Bernese Oberland Region. Check in to the hotel/hotel apt/farm and drive to Planalp, Brienz and Lungern for day trip.

Day 2: After breakfast drive to Istelwald/Hader Kulm for day trip.

Day 3: After breakfast proceed for Jungfraujoch top of Europe via Grindalwald. Park the car in Grindalwald. Evening drive around Lauterbrunnen.

Day 4: After breakfast visit Blausee Nature Park and surrounding area Day trip.

Day 5: After breakfast drive to Gstaad for day trip.

Day 6: After breakfast go to Zermatt and then proceed for Matterhorn/Gornergrat. Park the car in Tasch. Evening free at Leisure. Overnight in Zermatt or any other place which you can recommend as we need to head back to Zurich.

Day 7: Kindly advise which place we can visit on this day.

Day 8: Zurich Day trip.

• The thread ‘8 day tour of Bern & Bernese Oberland canton’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.