Help with 9 days trip Zermatt, Interlaken, Lucerne

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 January 2018 at 13:39:07 #814035

hi,

i am planning 8n/9d trip to swiss trip with my family includes 2 adult i child (14 yrs) in the month of march 20 to march 28.

day1

arriving at Geneva at 11 am in the airport. starts journey to zermatt overnight stay at zermatt.

day2

proceed to matterhorn site seeing return to zermatt – overnight stay at zermatt.

day3

zermatt sightseeing late eveinig proceed to interlaken – overnight stay interlaken.

day4

proceed to jungfrau full day in jungfrau -overnight stay in interlaken

day5

half day in Montreux return to interlaken – overnight stay in interlaken

day6

proceed to lucerne sight seeing in lucerne – overnight stay at lucerne.

day 7

cruise in lucerne – overnight stay in lucerne

day8

proceed to zurich- sight seeing- overnight stay in zurich.

day9

travelling back to my country.

please advise me is it ok or any chances i have to do.

i want to do paragliding,atleast 1chocolate factory visit,,1castle visit.

i want to experience glacier express,cable car,

which pass i need to take swiss rail pass half fare card.i am confused with this two pass.

please kindly advise me .

thanks- rangarajan

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 January 2018 at 17:09:47 #874275

Hi Rangarajan,

The itinerary looks nice – not too crazy!

The Cailler chocolate factory is near Montreux as is Chillon castle so give yourself a full day there to do those activities.

Paragliding is popular around Interlaken so that is where you can look for that.

The Glacier Express is between Zermatt and Chur. You can do part of the route when going from Zermatt to Interlaken (Zermatt to Brig or even Andermatt).

In order to choose the best rail pass for your itinerary you will have to do the math on all your planned trips and compare rail pass prices. Have a look at our web page here for help.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 January 2018 at 17:14:34 #874276

Thank you very much for your advice. I have calculated but still confused. Please can u guide me .

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 January 2018 at 18:38:05 #874277

How can I help you with the calculations?

If the total prices are fairly close I would choose the Swiss Travel Pass for the convenience (you don’t often have to buy tickets individually as the pass covers most trips). With the Swiss Half Fare Card you always have to buy tickets for every trip.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 January 2018 at 18:49:37 #874278

Hi

Thank you very much for your advise.

• The thread ‘Help with 9 days trip Zermatt, Interlaken, Lucerne’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.