8 nights in Interlaken, Luzern and Zurich

8 nights in Interlaken, Luzern and Zurich

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Girish
Girish
3 posts
Feb 14, 2017 - 5:25 AM

Hello.

Me-61 yrs and my wife - 54 yrs are planning to visit Switzerland primarily to see the nature - mountains, lakes and water wall. The date of arrival is 28 April (arrive from Paris by train) and the date of departure is 6 May from Zurich by airplane to India. We are not keen on adventure sports or long hikes . Based on the posts and expert suggestions in MySwissAlps forum and the information on their website, I am beginning to learn details about Switzerland. Thanks to them for their service.

Our tentative plans is as below:

28 April - Arrive in Interlaken - Evening boat cruise on Lake Thun

29 April - Golden Pass train - Interlaken - Montreux and back

30 April - Morning - Jungfrauch; Afternoon - Lake brienz

1 May - Glacier express - Interlaken-Brig-Chur-Interlaken

2 May - Transfer to Luzern - Afternoon - local sites

3 May - Morning - Mount Titlis; Afternoon - Lake Luzern

4 May - Mount Pilatus

5 May - Transfer to Zurich; Afternoon - Rhine fall

6 May - Morning Fly to India

Looking forward to suggestions and tips. Propose to take Swiss travel pass for 8 days.

Thanks in advance.

Girish

Lucas
Lucas
5547 posts
expert &
Feb 14, 2017 - 4:45 PM in reply to Girish

Hi Girish and welcome to MySwissAlps!

This looks like a very nice itinerary to me. Do you need any specific information on the trips or activities? Have you read our information pages on them?

Keep in mind weather in the mountains changes frequently and can be quite different than at the town you are staying in. It is good to plan only one activity per day as you have!
Always check the weather the night before, or morning of, your trip to a mountain to make sure the weather is sunny and/or clear. If it is cloudy at the top of Jungfraujoch, for example, don't bother going (leave your itinerary flexible and try and go the next day.

The Swiss Travel Pass will work just fine for you - good choice. Remember though that you must still make reservations on the panoramic trains before going - they are mandatory.

Let me know if you have any more specific questions!

Lucas

Last modified on Feb 15, 2017 - 12:31 PM by Lucas
maggiehorswell
maggiehorswell
551 posts
top member
Feb 14, 2017 - 6:10 PM in reply to Girish

Hi there

You will need to check whether boats are actually operating on Lake Thun and Brienz - There is a very limited service on Thunersee in the winter and spring and the Brienz boats don't operate at all until late spring.

You can find out by going to BLS website.

Maggie

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018