8 nights in Interlaken, Luzern and Zurich

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 February 2017 at 5:25:45 #810807

Hello.

Me-61 yrs and my wife – 54 yrs are planning to visit Switzerland primarily to see the nature – mountains, lakes and water wall. The date of arrival is 28 April (arrive from Paris by train) and the date of departure is 6 May from Zurich by airplane to India. We are not keen on adventure sports or long hikes . Based on the posts and expert suggestions in MySwissAlps forum and the information on their website, I am beginning to learn details about Switzerland. Thanks to them for their service.

Our tentative plans is as below:

28 April – Arrive in Interlaken – Evening boat cruise on Lake Thun

29 April – Golden Pass train – Interlaken – Montreux and back

30 April – Morning – Jungfrauch; Afternoon – Lake brienz

1 May – Glacier express – Interlaken-Brig-Chur-Interlaken

2 May – Transfer to Luzern – Afternoon – local sites

3 May – Morning – Mount Titlis; Afternoon – Lake Luzern

4 May – Mount Pilatus

5 May – Transfer to Zurich; Afternoon – Rhine fall

6 May – Morning Fly to India

Looking forward to suggestions and tips. Propose to take Swiss travel pass for 8 days.

Thanks in advance.

Girish

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 February 2017 at 16:45:35 #859000

Hi Girish and welcome to MySwissAlps!

This looks like a very nice itinerary to me. Do you need any specific information on the trips or activities? Have you read our information pages on them?

Keep in mind weather in the mountains changes frequently and can be quite different than at the town you are staying in. It is good to plan only one activity per day as you have!
    Always check the weather the night before, or morning of, your trip to a mountain to make sure the weather is sunny and/or clear. If it is cloudy at the top of Jungfraujoch, for example, don’t bother going (leave your itinerary flexible and try and go the next day.

The Swiss Travel Pass will work just fine for you – good choice. Remember though that you must still make reservations on the panoramic trains before going – they are mandatory.

Let me know if you have any more specific questions!

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 February 2017 at 18:10:59 #859001

Hi there

You will need to check whether boats are actually operating on Lake Thun and Brienz – There is a very limited service on Thunersee in the winter and spring and the Brienz boats don’t operate at all until late spring.

You can find out by going to BLS website.

Maggie

• The thread ‘8 nights in Interlaken, Luzern and Zurich’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.