8 nights Zermatt, Brig, Murren from Oct 8

8 nights Zermatt, Brig, Murren from Oct 8

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
supernatjuice
supernatjuice
7 posts
Mar 18, 2018 - 7:26 PM

Hello,

This would be my 3rd time visiting beautiful land of Swiss. I've been to most of the popular places within Swiss but I have few more places that I want to visit.

I will arrive in Geneva or Basel all depends on how I will start my journey.

Place I want to visit this time would be:

1. Matterhorn /Zermatt - I assume it would be best to land in Geneva and take the train from there

2. Brig

3. Murren /Lauterbrunnen- my 2nd time visit but I would love to stay there again

I want to avoid places I've been to already. I may have to stay at lesat one night in Basel or Zurich or Geneva so i can catch a flight next day morning back to Canada.

Place I've been to: Zurich, Lucerne, Basel, Bern, Friborg, Lugano, St. Gallen. Gandria, Grindelwald

Last time, I stayed in Murren for 4 nights but I felt bit limited with swiss pass since I had to pay for another ticket to go to "top of the world" and "schilthorn".

So if you could advise recommended itineary and type of Train pass I should get for trip, it would be greatly appreciated. If I have to remove Brig, that would be ok too all depends on the recommendation.

Thank you very much.

Brian

Alpenrose666
Alpenrose666
2112 posts
top member
Mar 19, 2018 - 1:14 AM in reply to supernatjuice

Hi Brian,

>> I want to avoid places I've been to already ... Place I've been to: Zurich, Lucerne, Basel, Bern, Friborg, Lugano, St. Gallen. Gandria, Grindelwald

Have you considered spending any time in the Engadin, and travelling on the Bernina Express?

There is some information about the area here:

www.myswissalps.com/up perengadine

www.myswissalps.com/lo werengadine

www.myswissalps.com/be rninaexpress

I have written a few trip reports (with photos) about some places in the Engadin. If you are interested, you can find them here:

Trip report late August to mid-October 2016

www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/trip-report-late-august-to-mid-october-2016

(In particular the post headed Locarno to St. Moritz, and the photos of Sils Maria attached to my post of Nov 5, 2016 - 6:00 AM)

Trip report Lower Engadine/Scuol mid-October 2016

www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/scuol

Trip report Lower Engadine / Guarda October 2016

www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/trip-report-lower-engadine-guarda-october-2016

Trip report - PostBus over the Flüela Pass

www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/trip-report-postbus-over-the-fluela-pass

Trip report - Lower Engadin – Ftan

www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/trip-report-lower-engadin-ftan

Trip report - Bregaglia Valley - Soglio

www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/trip-report-bregaglia-valley-soglio

Alpenrose

Last modified on Mar 19, 2018 - 1:15 AM by Alpenrose666
Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
Mar 19, 2018 - 7:20 AM in reply to supernatjuice

Hi Brian,

A clearly mapped out itinerary is the basis for deciding which pass (if any) suits. Based on your itinerary you need to do the sums based on the cost of all your planned trips on trains, boats, cable cars etc. You should read “How to choose the best travel pass” (www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass).

You can use the Swiss Train Timetable (www.myswissalps.com/ti metable) to work out the fares for any trip. When you go to buy a ticket the fare you see on the right hand side of the page will normally be the half-fare price. Double it to get full fare.

In this thread (www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/emmental-three-lakes-or-wengen) Slowpoke recommends the Three Lakes Region and also the Emmental. If you use the search box at the top right corner of this page you will be able to find more information.

Arno
Arno
10333 posts
expert &
Mar 19, 2018 - 10:44 AM

Hi Brian,

Schilthorn is now included in the Swiss Travel Pass!

www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity

madduris2000
madduris2000
28 posts
Mar 21, 2018 - 10:30 AM in reply to supernatjuice

Consider Swiss transfer ticket In combination with half fare card, especially if you not have kids with you.

sundar

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018