8 nights Zermatt, Brig, Murren from Oct 8

• supernatjuice
    Participant
    10 posts
    18 March 2018 at 19:26:51 #814844

Hello,

This would be my 3rd time visiting beautiful land of Swiss. I’ve been to most of the popular places within Swiss but I have few more places that I want to visit.

I will arrive in Geneva or Basel all depends on how I will start my journey.

Place I want to visit this time would be:

1. Matterhorn /Zermatt – I assume it would be best to land in Geneva and take the train from there

2. Brig

3. Murren /Lauterbrunnen- my 2nd time visit but I would love to stay there again

I want to avoid places I’ve been to already. I may have to stay at lesat one night in Basel or Zurich or Geneva so i can catch a flight next day morning back to Canada.

Place I’ve been to: Zurich, Lucerne, Basel, Bern, Friborg, Lugano, St. Gallen. Gandria, Grindelwald

Last time, I stayed in Murren for 4 nights but I felt bit limited with swiss pass since I had to pay for another ticket to go to “top of the world” and “schilthorn”.

So if you could advise recommended itineary and type of Train pass I should get for trip, it would be greatly appreciated. If I have to remove Brig, that would be ok too all depends on the recommendation.

Thank you very much.

Brian

• The thread ‘8 nights Zermatt, Brig, Murren from Oct 8’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.