8 nights in Switzerland with baby - too ambitious?

8 nights in Switzerland with baby - too ambitious?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
GeeKay
GeeKay
6 posts
Jan 8, 2018 - 1:18 AM

Hi everyone,

I appreciate your assistance in looking over my rough plan and providing feedback on whether it is too ambitious or not.

We are experienced travellers but have welcomed a baby boy into the world and will be travelling with him (11 months at time of trip)

day 1 - fly into zurich train to lauterbrunnen

stay in lauterbrunnen for 3 nights

day 4 - travel to zermatt - stay for 2 nights

day 6 - travel to montreux - one night in montreux

day - 7 travel to bern - explore for one night

day - 8 travel back to zurich, explore for one night, fly to Croatia.

We will be purchasing the 8 day swiss rail pass and all travel will be done via train.

Any and all suggestions are welcome.

rockoyster
rockoyster
3725 posts
expert
Jan 8, 2018 - 5:11 AM in reply to GeeKay

Hi GeeKay,

You don't say at what time of year you will be travelling.

I don't have any experience of travelling with infants but my son is currently on a 2 month tour of Asia with a 1 year old and he and his partner seem to be coping very well.

Your plan looks doable but you have a lot of hotel swaps. It depends what interests you. You might consider going from Lauterbrunnen to Montreux via the scenic Golden Pass Line. Maybe 2 nights there then to Zermatt. Then back to Zurich with maybe a couple of hours in Bern along the way.

Depending on what time you depart for Croatia maybe consider last night in Lucerne instead of Zurich.

Last modified on Jan 8, 2018 - 8:09 AM by Chantal
GeeKay
GeeKay
6 posts
Jan 8, 2018 - 11:37 AM in reply to rockoyster

Hi rockoyster,

Thank you for the suggestion, we are travelling July 2-July 11 (high season) and we leave for Croatia at 2:40 from Zurich.

Not sure if that means we can spend the night in Lucerne and take a morning train to Zurich.

Last modified on Jan 8, 2018 - 11:37 AM by GeeKay
rockoyster
rockoyster
3725 posts
expert
Jan 8, 2018 - 7:25 PM in reply to GeeKay

Yes you can comfortably stay in Lucerne. The direct train Lucerne to Zurich Airport takes just over 1 hour. Try to avoid the train which requires a change in Zurich itself. Zurich is a very large and busy station.

Last modified on Jan 8, 2018 - 7:25 PM by rockoyster

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018