8 nights in Switzerland with baby – too ambitious?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 January 2018 at 1:18:47 #813970

Hi everyone,

I appreciate your assistance in looking over my rough plan and providing feedback on whether it is too ambitious or not.

We are experienced travellers but have welcomed a baby boy into the world and will be travelling with him (11 months at time of trip)

day 1 – fly into zurich train to lauterbrunnen

stay in lauterbrunnen for 3 nights

day 4 – travel to zermatt – stay for 2 nights

day 6 – travel to montreux – one night in montreux

day – 7 travel to bern – explore for one night

day – 8 travel back to zurich, explore for one night, fly to Croatia.

We will be purchasing the 8 day swiss rail pass and all travel will be done via train.

Any and all suggestions are welcome.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    8 January 2018 at 5:11:56 #873778

Hi GeeKay,

You don’t say at what time of year you will be travelling.

I don’t have any experience of travelling with infants but my son is currently on a 2 month tour of Asia with a 1 year old and he and his partner seem to be coping very well.

Your plan looks doable but you have a lot of hotel swaps. It depends what interests you. You might consider going from Lauterbrunnen to Montreux via the scenic Golden Pass Line. Maybe 2 nights there then to Zermatt. Then back to Zurich with maybe a couple of hours in Bern along the way.

Depending on what time you depart for Croatia maybe consider last night in Lucerne instead of Zurich.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 January 2018 at 11:37:38 #873779

Hi rockoyster,

Thank you for the suggestion, we are travelling July 2-July 11 (high season) and we leave for Croatia at 2:40 from Zurich.

Not sure if that means we can spend the night in Lucerne and take a morning train to Zurich.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    8 January 2018 at 19:25:08 #873780

Yes you can comfortably stay in Lucerne. The direct train Lucerne to Zurich Airport takes just over 1 hour. Try to avoid the train which requires a change in Zurich itself. Zurich is a very large and busy station.

• The thread ‘8 nights in Switzerland with baby – too ambitious?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.