8 nights in Switzerland - Montreux-Zermatt-Wengen

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
jatinsmehta
jatinsmehta
82 posts
Aug 10, 2018 - 5:04 AM

After months of planning, this will be my final itinerary - hotels booked accordingly. Travel dates : 25th Aug to 2nd Sep

Day 1 : Land at Zurich airport at 7 am, proceed to Montreux - 2 nights at Montruex, Afternoon visit to Lavaux vineyard.

Day 2 : Gruyers & choc in morning, afternoon to Chillon castle & evening stroll on promenade .

Day 3 : Montreux to Zermatt - 2 nights

Gornergrat

Day 4 : Kliene Matterhorn & 5 lake hike

Day 5 : Zermatt to Wengen - 2 nights

Lake Brienz boat ride, Bern visit & if time permits Harder Kulm

Day 6 : Mannlichen to Kliene Scheidegg hike & Grindelwad

Day 7 : Wengen to Weggis - 1 night

Visit to Mt.Rigi

Day 8 : Mt.Titlis & stanserhorn - night stay at Zurich airport hotel

Day 9 : catch 9.30 Am flight back

How does this look, please give your valuable suggestions

Lucas
Lucas
10238 posts
expert &
Aug 10, 2018 - 7:04 PM in reply to jatinsmehta

Hi jatinsmehta,

Looks good!

Just a comment on Day 5: I wouldn't plan on having time for Bern - I'd do Harder Kulm and Lake Brienz and then head to Wengen for check in.

Now just use the Swiss railways timetable to plan out the exact schedules. www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

Have you decided on a rail pass for your trip? The 8 day Swiss Travel Pass would make the most sense I think. www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass

Last modified on Aug 10, 2018 - 7:04 PM by Lucas
jatinsmehta
jatinsmehta
82 posts
Aug 11, 2018 - 2:53 AM

Lucas.

yes, the 8 day Swiss pass is my choice,I'm well versed with sbb app too, so finding trains will be very convenient.

on Day 5, I had planned to take a dip in Aare river, let's see how it goes. Your suggestions very much appreciated.

Thanks

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019