Montreux Zermatt Lauterbrunnen Lucerne in October

• jatinsmehta
    Participant
    114 posts
    29 May 2018 at 5:24:03 #816295

Hello guys, need you suggestions on my 8 night itinerary.2 couples & 2 kids aged 5 & 10 in mid – october

Montreux : 2 nights, Zermatt : 2 nights, Lauterbrunnen : 2 nights, Lucerne : 2 nights

Day 1 : Reach at Zurich airport at 06.30, transfer to Montreux (3 hours), Afternoon visit at Lavaux vineyard, take boat ride to chillon castle, explore castle

Day 2 : Visit Olympic Museum at Lausanne, cheese & chocolate factory at Gruyer, evening stroll at Montreux promenade.

Day 3 : Depart for Zermatt (3 hours), Explore the town

Day 4 : Excursion to Matterhorn glacier paradise and Gornergrat

Day 5 : Depart for Lauterbrunnen ( 3 hrs), Visit Harder klum in afternoon, explore lauterbrunnen in evening

Day 6 : Excursion to Schiltron

Day 7 : Depart for Lucerne ( 2.5 hrs), Excursion to Mt.Titlis, explore town

Day 8: Rigi & Stanserhorn

Day 9 : Depart at 05.00 for Zurich airport, flight at 9.30 Am

Day 1 & 2 and Day 7 & 8 seems hectic, help needed in organizing.Also I’ll miss out on traveling on golden pass line from lucerne to montreux as i am doing it other way round, need help with that too. Any other changes to be incorporated ?

Thanks in advance

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

jatinsmehta
    Participant
    114 posts
    29 May 2018 at 12:53:27 #886694

@Lucas, @Slowpoke, kindly help

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 May 2018 at 18:32:04 #886695

HI jatinsmehta,

Day 2 would give me pause – a long day for sure. Everything else seems fairly reasonable but busy (which is ok!).

On day 1 you can incorporate the Golden Pass to Montreux if you like, otherwise yes, you’ll just do part of the route on day 7. However the Golden Pass adds about 2 hours to the overall trip so that makes Day 1 harder to accomplish – can’t fit everything in unfortunately!

jatinsmehta
    Participant
    114 posts
    30 May 2018 at 4:09:15 #886696

Thanks a ton Lucas,

Agreed, can’t fit everything, quite hard to decide what to leave out, i can’t add 2 more hours to already long day 1, even i had a similar thought.

Also Titlis & Stanserhorn can be done in a day? pls advice.

After visiting Schilthorn, I might get some spare time, your suggestion on what to be done.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 May 2018 at 6:23:23 #886697

Use the timetable (https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable) to plan the trips to different mountains to see the timings. It is up to you how much time you want to spend each day traveling etc. Certainly you can do both mountains in one day – it is just a matter if you want to. 🙂

For suggestions in the Jungfrau region look here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/jungfrauregion/a ctivities
    Perhaps upon your return from Schilthorn you can do the walk from Stechelberg to Lauterbrunnen – or from Mürren to Grütschalp

• The thread ‘Montreux Zermatt Lauterbrunnen Lucerne in October’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.