Montreux Zermatt Lauterbrunnen Lucerne in October

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
jatinsmehta
jatinsmehta
80 posts
May 29, 2018 - 5:24 AM

Hello guys, need you suggestions on my 8 night itinerary.2 couples & 2 kids aged 5 & 10 in mid - october

Montreux : 2 nights, Zermatt : 2 nights, Lauterbrunnen : 2 nights, Lucerne : 2 nights

Day 1 : Reach at Zurich airport at 06.30, transfer to Montreux (3 hours), Afternoon visit at Lavaux vineyard, take boat ride to chillon castle, explore castle

Day 2 : Visit Olympic Museum at Lausanne, cheese & chocolate factory at Gruyer, evening stroll at Montreux promenade.

Day 3 : Depart for Zermatt (3 hours), Explore the town

Day 4 : Excursion to Matterhorn glacier paradise and Gornergrat

Day 5 : Depart for Lauterbrunnen ( 3 hrs), Visit Harder klum in afternoon, explore lauterbrunnen in evening

Day 6 : Excursion to Schiltron

Day 7 : Depart for Lucerne ( 2.5 hrs), Excursion to Mt.Titlis, explore town

Day 8: Rigi & Stanserhorn

Day 9 : Depart at 05.00 for Zurich airport, flight at 9.30 Am

Day 1 & 2 and Day 7 & 8 seems hectic, help needed in organizing.Also I'll miss out on traveling on golden pass line from lucerne to montreux as i am doing it other way round, need help with that too. Any other changes to be incorporated ?

Thanks in advance

jatinsmehta
jatinsmehta
80 posts
May 29, 2018 - 12:53 PM

@Lucas, @Slowpoke, kindly help

Lucas
Lucas
9817 posts
expert &
May 29, 2018 - 6:32 PM in reply to jatinsmehta

HI jatinsmehta,

Day 2 would give me pause - a long day for sure. Everything else seems fairly reasonable but busy (which is ok!).

On day 1 you can incorporate the Golden Pass to Montreux if you like, otherwise yes, you'll just do part of the route on day 7. However the Golden Pass adds about 2 hours to the overall trip so that makes Day 1 harder to accomplish - can't fit everything in unfortunately!

jatinsmehta
jatinsmehta
80 posts
May 30, 2018 - 4:09 AM in reply to Lucas

Thanks a ton Lucas,

Agreed, can't fit everything, quite hard to decide what to leave out, i can't add 2 more hours to already long day 1, even i had a similar thought.

Also Titlis & Stanserhorn can be done in a day? pls advice.

After visiting Schilthorn, I might get some spare time, your suggestion on what to be done.

Lucas
Lucas
9817 posts
expert &
May 30, 2018 - 6:23 AM in reply to jatinsmehta

Use the timetable (https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable) to plan the trips to different mountains to see the timings. It is up to you how much time you want to spend each day traveling etc. Certainly you can do both mountains in one day - it is just a matter if you want to. :)

For suggestions in the Jungfrau region look here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/jungfrauregion/a ctivities
Perhaps upon your return from Schilthorn you can do the walk from Stechelberg to Lauterbrunnen - or from Mürren to Grütschalp

Last modified on May 30, 2018 - 6:23 AM by Lucas

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018