8 nights/9 Days Swiss itinerary Suggestions

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 August 2013 at 10:03:39 #806157

I’m planning to visit Switzerland for 8 nights starting 07 September. I will commence trip from Zurich and will end it in Geneva.

I want to cover as much scenic train journeys as I can. Below is draft

Day 1 : 07 Sep: Arrive Zurich and transfer to Lucerne. Explore Mt. Titlis. Overnight at Lucerne.

Day 2: 08 Sep: Explore Mt. Pilatus. Overnight at Lucerne.

Day 3: 09 Sep. Transfer to St. Moritz.Explore St. Moritz for the day. Overnight at St. Moritz.

Day 4: 10 Sep. Glacier Express from St. Moritz to Zermatt. Overnight at Zermatt

Day 5: 11 Sep. cogwheel railway up to the Gornergrat. Then come to Interlaken. Overnight at Interlaken.

Day 6: 12 Sep. Explore Jungfraujoch . Overnight at Interlaken.

Day 7: 13 Sep. Panoramic-Express (Golden Pass) Train from Interlaken to Geneva (via Zweisimmen). Overnight at Geneva

Day 8: 14 Sep: Explore Geneva. Overnight at Geneva

Day 9: Head Back

I am traveling with my wife.

Please could you comment on above plan? Also should I buy 8 days Swiss pass (if that’s more economical).

Thanks,
    Sail

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    29 August 2013 at 12:30:27 #839203

Hi Sail,

An 8-day Swiss Saver Pass seems a logical fit as you’ve planned a lot of traveling. You can calculate whether that’s the most economical choice. Regarding your itinerary: it’s quite a lot in a short time frame. That’s fine, but especially the mountain top excursions require clear weather, and you only have one day for each of them.

All about the pass can be found here. If you have more questions, feel free to ask, and please include your country of residence.

• The thread ‘8 nights/9 Days Swiss itinerary Suggestions’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.