9 day Swiss itinerary changed due to flight

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 August 2017 at 5:46:37 #813026

Hi,

I had this itinerary previously http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/suggestion-for-switzerland-9-days-travel-itinerary but had to change my flight tickets so any suggestions for the updated itinerary below would be really helpful. Is this trip feasible or too rushed?

We now land in Zurich instead of Geneva. Staying in Thun, no change there. We want to return to Thun on all 8 days for our stay.

1. Land in Zurich, reach Thun by 9 30 AM. Visit Bern if possible?

2. Grindelwald/First – Bachalpsee trek

3. Wengen/Mannlichen – Kleine Scheidegg/Jungfraujoch

4.Matterhorn? (Initially Bern was in the plan for this day but Matterhorn was recommended as a must-visit, so decided to do Bern on day 1)

5. Lauterbrunnen – Stechelberg/Murren/Schilthorn

6. Rest day in Thun/local sight seeing/Cycling etc.

7. Titlis

8. Montreaux

9. Zurich.

10/ Departure from Zurich.

We can modify the actual trip based on the weather that day, but this is roughly what we have planned. We’ll be buying a Swiss Pass Flex.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 August 2017 at 11:04:16 #868707

Hi InTransit,

Looks like a good itinerary still! Thun to Zermatt will be a long day but doable (I’m sure you’ve checked the timetable so you are aware). A stop in Bern is fine on Day 1 if you aren’t planning on doing to much once you arrive in Thun that day.

Along with the Swiss Travel Pass Flex you may want to look at the non-flex Swiss Travel Pass (8 days). You last 2 days are a train to Zurich and then to the airport mainly. This cost (point to point tickets) is probably less than the difference between those 2 passes. Check the math to be sure!

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 August 2017 at 11:32:12 #868708

Hi Lucas,

Thank you for the reply. We plan to do some local sight-seeing in Zurich (maybe to Kilchberg and Lake Zurich) but I will check again if the Swiss Pass is better for us than Flex Pass.

Yes we don’t plan on doing too much in Bern on day 1, just visit Old Town and Federal Palace and walk around. Actually we planned Bern for a full day but we had to choose between Titlis or Zermatt and we couldn’t decide ! So we decided to make a very short trip to Bern instead and visit both Titlis and Zermatt. What would your recommendation be? 🙂

Thanks !

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 August 2017 at 15:52:45 #868709

Yes, I agree. A couple hours in Bern (maybe lunch) and then fit in Mt. Titlis and Zermatt.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 August 2017 at 3:09:22 #868710

Thank you Lucas 🙂

I checked the Swiss Pass and it is almost the same to the Flex with the additional tickets so will stick to Flex pass for now. Also, dropping Schilthorn to just explore more of Lauterbrunnen region by foot instead.

• The thread ‘9 day Swiss itinerary changed due to flight’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.