9 Days in Switzerland in June with 3 year old

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 May 2018 at 23:45:42 #816191

Hi All,

I have came up with below itinerary for 9 day trip to Switzerland in last week of June 2018. Kindly have a look and suggest any inclusion/exclusion.We are planning to take Swiss travel pass. Will be traveling with my wife and my son of 3years and so want to cover major portions without making it a difficult trip with a baby.

Thanks in Advance

Montreux – 2nights

Wengen – 3nights

Lucern – 3nights

Zurich – 1nights

Arrival at 12:30pm Geneva Airport travel to Montreux by train.

Day 1. check in hotel in Montreux by 3pm for 2 nights

Evening Cruise trip in lake Geneva

Day 2. Glacier 3000

Day 3 Check-out and move to Gruyere with luggage to keep in Gruyere Cheese factory

Chocolate factory – ‘Maison cailler’ chocolate factory in Broc-Fabrique

Cheese Factory – ‘La Maison Du Gruyere’ in Gruyere. (Hope we can visit on Saturday)

(if time allows will visit – Swiss Town – the quaint town of Gruyere/Castle – Gruyeres castle right there in gruyere town)

Train 18:05pm from Gruyeres to Wengen with luggage and check-in in hotel in Wengen.

(can there be a better option for luggage? )

Day 4. day trip to Jungfraujoch back to hotel in Wengen at night

Day 5. day trip to Jungfraupark Interlaken or day trip to Bern (suggest which out of two is better). Back to Wengen for night stay

Day 6-7-8 Way to Lucern for check-in in hotel in Lucern.

Day 6 – Water Tower, Chappel bridge, City Tour, Lake Lucern Cruise

Day 7 – Day trip to Mt. Titlis

Day8 – need suggestions

Day 9 Zurich – City Tour, Rhine fall..

Day10 early morning flight from Zurich

Hotels are not yet booked and so if the base selected are not appropriate, we can change to other.

Also advise if we can add something else interesting for kids in this trip.

regards,

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 May 2018 at 7:20:21 #886160

Hi Appleajm and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Looks like a pretty nice plan – not to busy each day.

If you weren’t getting into Wengen so late you could look at sending your luggage ahead from Montreux to Wengen but you won’t get there in time before the station closes for the night. https://www.myswissalp s.com/train/practical/ luggage

Day 5 – your child may prefer Jungfraupark, you might prefer Bern more. 🙂

Day 8 – Here are some suggested activities in Lucerne. The Museum of Transport is really fun.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 May 2018 at 3:00:40 #886161

Hi Lucas, Thanks for the reply.

Is there a way to send the luggage directly to the hotel in Wengen before we reach the hotel at night as by the time we reach Wengen the station will be closed as you say.

I have added the Museum of Transport as I am sure my son will love it.

regards,

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 May 2018 at 8:36:44 #886162

Yes, you can do station-door luggage shipping. It is on my luggage link above as well.
    https://www.sbb.ch/en/ station-services/services/lugg age/luggage/good-to-know.html

12chf per item plus a 25chf flat fee (so not cheap)

• The thread ‘9 Days in Switzerland in June with 3 year old’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.