Review of 9-day itinerary Zurich, Lucerne, Zermatt

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 April 2018 at 8:36:05 #815247

Hi Team,

I am hoping if you could review my itinerary and provide your suggestions /changes if any pls? I have not been to Switzerland before. I found this forum to be quite useful so far. I will be travelling with my husband and 4.5 yr old daughter. I would prefer to spend good time at each location rather than rushing through it. I am not thinking of hiking at this point of time.

My trip starts from Bangalore/India on May15th we reach Paris ( 3 nights), Paris to Prague (3 nights), travel from Prague to Zurich for a 9 day trip.

Day1: 23-May: Prague to Zurich, Proceed to Lucern, check in .

Day2: 24-May: Stay at Lucern, explore mountains, Titlis, pilatus (not sure if this can be covered in a day) ?

Day3: 25-May: From Lucern proceed to Interlaken (Planning check in Interlaken hotel)

Day4: 26-May: Explore Jungfrau region (overnight at Interlaken)

Day5: 27-May: A day to relax – wondering if I can stay back in Interlaken ? [open for suggestions] – anything else that I can fit in this day ?

Day6: 28-May: Proceed to Zermatt, Planning to explore the Glacier express train (at least some part of the journey), overnight stay at Zermatt

Day7: 29-May: Day trips- Gornergrat, Matterhorn, staying at Zermatt.

Day8: 30-May: From Zermatt, proceed to Zurich, local sightseeing & overnight stay in Zurich

Day9: 31-May: Planning to meet cousin in Bern / Zurich, overnight stay in Zurich,

Day10: 1-June: Flight from Zurich -back home (Bangalore/India)

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 April 2018 at 9:50:08 #881836

Hi sowmyagonur,

Your itinerary looks fine.

Day 2: it is possible to do Mt. Pilatus and Mt. Titlis in one day. Use the Swiss rail timetable to plan your trip and to see if it works for you.

Day 3-5: I wouldn’t stay in Interlaken. There are much nicer villages. You should check Wengen, Grindelwald, Lauterbrunnen and Mürren.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 April 2018 at 10:43:19 #881837

Thanks Chantal for your quick response. This is Very helpful 🙂 I will check for suitable accommodation in the suggested villages and will update my itinerary.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 April 2018 at 15:50:09 #881838

Did you by the way have a look at the rail passes already? If not, you might find this information helpful ‘How to choose a Swiss rail pass‘.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 April 2018 at 5:37:46 #881839

Hi Chantal, I am thinking of taking the 8 days swiss travel pass ? Also as per your suggestion on the itinerary, Day3 to 5, we will be staying in Wengen instead of Interlaken. Thanks again!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 April 2018 at 7:36:01 #881840

I think the 8 day Swiss Travel Pass is a good option. I’d use it for Days 2 to 9 and buy point to point tickets for Zurich to Lucerne (or buy your ticket from Prague all the way to Lucerne if the price is good) and then on your last day from Zurich to the airport (only around 8chf).

You can buy the Swiss Travel Pass online here. Then you can print at home to have it ready to use as soon as you need it (and you have an electronic backup).

• The thread ‘Review of 9-day itinerary Zurich, Lucerne, Zermatt’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.