Zurich-Interlaken-Montreux-Zermatt-Glacier Express

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 August 2018 at 1:44:17 #817920

Hello there, im Franco. I would like to get recommendations and advices on our coming trip itinerary (late September-Oct).This will be my 2nd visit to switzerland. This time, me and my wife staying longer and to go more places (mainly alpines and lakes), taking outdoor couple photography with nice mountain/lake backdrops.

Day 1 (25/9/18): arrival Zurich around 7am. Base in Balmers interlaken. Day trip to lucerne visit old town and to Mount Pilatus/titlis depending on weather. Back to Interlaken

Day 2 (26/9/18):Overnight Balmers interlaken. Hike Mannlichen- Kleine Sheidegg/ excursion to jungfraujoch (weather dependent)

Day 3 (27/9/2018): Overnight Balmers Interlaken. Trip to Harder Kulm/ lake cruise Thun/Brienz/ explore Interlaken town

Day 4 (28/9/2018): Morning golden pass train (interlaken-Montreux). explore Montreux-stroll along promenade, Chillon castle, Rochers de Naye Overnight: Youthhostel Montreux

Day 5 (29/9/2018): Explore Vevey-Lavaux vineyards Overnight:Youthhostel Montreax:

Day 6 (30/9/18): Morning train to Zermatt. Explore Zermatt, Mount Matterhorn Overnight: Youth hostel zermatt

Day 7 (1/10/18): Full day Glacier express Zermatt-St moritz Overnight: youth hostel St moritz

Day 8 (2/10/18):St moritz back to Zurich. Visit Rhine falls

Day 9 (3/10/18) 12 Noon flight back to Malaysia

Transport: 8 days consecutive STP.

What do you think of above itinerary?

Questions:

1) Is 3 nights base in balmers Interlaken good choice to day trip lucern, the rest in bernese oberland

2) Do you think the schedule too packed?

3) possible to fly light weight amateur drone during our hiking (Kleine Sheidegg- Mannlichen)? or near lakes less populated area throughout our trip.

4) After the expiry of 8 days STP, on 9th day can i have discounted travels in Zurich city and to airport by showing the STP?

5) How early should I do seat reservation on panoramic train? on the same day of train travel?

Any suggestions is much appreciated!

thanks

• The thread ‘Zurich-Interlaken-Montreux-Zermatt-Glacier Express’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.