9 days in Switzerland in June end with 3 year old

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 June 2018 at 1:01:52 #816810

Hi All,

I am posting a new thread as my previous one of 23th of May was closed. I am looking some guidance from the experts about my trip mentioned as below in my previous thread with title ‘9 Days in Switzerland in June end with 3 year old’

Will be traveling with my wife and my son of 3years and so want to cover major portions without making it a difficult trip with a baby. We have now to finalize the train which we will be using for different trips mentioned below on which we need your suggestion. Learned from the forum about Golden pass line, Bernina express, Glacier express, I would like to know what would be the routes in the below itinerary I can board on these trains so that I can cover the maximum with the STP.

Also as staying for 10days as per dates, I am thinking to take 8day pass from the second day as this will help me take the train on the 9th day early morning to catch my flight at 6am. I may take the train at 2am or 3am. Please comment on the same if it will be ok.

Vevey – 2night

Wengen – 3nights

Lucern – 2nights

Zurich – 2nights

Geneva – Arrival at 12:30pm Geneva Airport to Vevey by train.

Day1 – Check-in hotel in Vevey by 3PM for 3nights

Evening Cruise trip in lake Geneva

Day 2 – Glacier 3000(advise if any particular train can be taken to make the journey more memorable)

Day 3 – Check-out and move to Gruyere with luggage to keep in Gruyere Cheese factory

Chocolate factory – ‘Maison cailler’ chocolate factory in Broc-Fabrique

Cheese Factory – ‘La Maison Du Gruyere’ in Gruyere.

(if time allows will visit – Swiss Town – the quaint town of Gruyere/Castle – Gruyeres castle right there in gruyere town) Lavaux vineyard

Please suggest the sequence of the trip, should we do Cailler chocolate factory first to continue to Gruyere or the other way will be better as we need to continue to Wengen after that.

Train 18:05pm from Gruyeres to Wengen with luggage and check in in hotel in Wengen.

What could be the better scenic route or train could be taken to reach Wengen without missing the beauty of the route.

Day 4 – Day trip to Jungfraujoch back to hotel in Wengen at night

Day 5 – Day trip to Bern.(bear park , altes tramdepot for food, barengraben, rose garden, clock tower, )Back to Wengen for night stay. Advise if any of scenic trains can be used on this route.

Day 6-7-8 – Way to Lucerne for check-in in hotel in Lucerne.

Day 6 – Swiss museum of Transport, Water Tower, Chapel bridge, Lake Lucerne Cruise

Day 7 – Day trip to Mt. Titlis (advise if something else can be done after a trip to Titlis)

Day8 – City Tour + check out and transfer for Zurich.

Day8 – Check-in hotel in Zurich, shopping hours

Day 9 – Zurich city tour, Rhine falls, cruise (advise if the 3 can be combined in the whole day)

Day10 – Early morning flight from Zurich

Thanks in advance for an expert advise..

Regards.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 June 2018 at 12:57:07 #889051

Hi Appleajm,

Day 2: From Vevey go to Montreux and take a panoramic train on the Golden Pass route (noted as MOB panoramic on timetable: https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable) to Gstaad before catching the bus to Glacier 3000.

Day 6: If you have time go via Interlaken to take part of the Golden Pass route: https://www.myswissalp s.com/goldenpass/getti ngthere

Day 9: Yes, all 3 can be fit into one day. I’d go straight to the Rheinfall (https://www.myswissalp s.com/rheinfall) first then play the rest of the day by ear.

Day 10: A 6am flight must be the first flight out of Zurich! Yikes. I’d probably take a taxi to get there. There are usually no trains running between 12:30am and 04:30am. Check the timetable to see any options on your travel date.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 June 2018 at 13:33:22 #889052

Thank you Lucas for the comment and suggestion.

Any comment on the sequence of the day 3, which one should be done first, Chocolate factory at Broc or the cheese factory at Gruyere ? Any suggestion of panoromic trains from Gruyere to Wengen, possibily for Interlaken ?

for Day 6 – I saw IR2921 or IR2923 from Interlaken to Lucerne and have noted in the time table. I hope I dont need a reservation for that one and only the pass will be sufficient to carry.

Is there anything I am missing or can cover in the given time. Golden pass route I now got and I can use it 2 or more times as per my itinerary. Advise if Bernina express or Glacier express can also be experianced any where in this plan ?

Awaiting an expert advise of yours,

regards,

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 June 2018 at 5:45:06 #889053

Hi Appleajm,

Day 3: No they are very close together so can be done in any order you like.

The only panoramic train in the area is the Golden Pass between Montreux and Zweisimmen – so you can head to the Golden Pass line from Gruyeres at Chateau d-Oex to pick it up.

Day 8 you could skip Zurich and go to Brig or Andermatt to pick up the Glacier Express to Chur and then train to Zurich for a later check in that night. https://www.myswissalp s.com/glacierexpress/g ettingthere.

• The thread ‘9 days in Switzerland in June end with 3 year old’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.