9 days Lucerne, Wengen, Interlaken, Zermatt

• Dbanksosu
    Participant
    4 posts
    14 April 2023 at 15:20:32 #829571

I have included a picture of our current planned itinerary for a 9 day itinerary. We used an excel spreadsheet to keep ourselves organized, and we’ve listed a few things we intended to do at every location. This is version 2 as we’ve already made some changes based on previous feedback from this forum! Happy to hear advice on all fronts, but specifically on places to eat around the area and if there are any comments suggestions to what we have listed as things to do, what we might have missed, or maybe something we have that doesn’t live up to the hype.

Hotel’s were fairly booked up, so we’ve picked some nicer hotels along the way that were still available. Also looking for any general feedback on this, but booking options were somewhat limited.

**Can’t edit the title, but I realize I spelled Interlaken incorrectly.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Kathy
    Participant
    18 posts
    14 April 2023 at 21:26:17 #953322

Dbanksosu, You are going many good places and Switzerland is always wonderful! There is just one thing I would really say, if it were me I would spend all nights from June 7 to 11 in Interlaken and with a rail pass do all the things that you mentioned from that home base. Changing locations take time and it is not really fun. I have been in Interlaken 10-12 times, actually I usually stay in Unterseen as it is a bit more quiet and an easy walk to Interlaken West station. I really like the entire area. From there we have always taken a ride to Zermatt for lunch and a nice view of the Matterhorn one day. Another day we got to Murren for lunch and a walk. The boat ride to Thun leaves from behind west station and it’s very nice. Once in Thun you could also take the train on to Bern for a walk-about before returning home for the night. If it is helpful I will add that the Jungfau is often cloudy and that removes the fun of it so I wouldn’t go unless the sun is out, more likely, it seems to me, in the morning. I have never found a Swiss hotel that is not clean and usable regardless of price and if you can find one, a vacation apartment can be more space for less money and comfortable. We also will be in Interlaken region in June! I hope good weather for us all! K. Burkley

Anna
    6274 posts
    15 April 2023 at 8:04:02 #953323

Hi Dbanksosu,

Thanks for sharing your itinerary. I think is very well-planned and includes most of Switzerland’s best destinations. I agree with Burkley about staying in Interlaken instead of splitting between Interlaken and Wengen. But this is also fine if you don’t mind switching hotels every few days. Based on yor plans, I suggest looking at getting a Swiss Travel Pass. Currently there is a spring promotion offering 1 or 2 extra free travel days when you purchase a Swiss Travel Pass between April 15 and May 14. You can find more details here: http://www.myswissalps.com/forum/topic/the-swiss-travel-pass-spring-2023-promotion

You can find further sightseeing options in each destination in the following links:

Regards,

Anna

• The thread ‘9 days Lucerne, Wengen, Interlaken, Zermatt’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.