9 days Swiss tour in June – Itinerary suggestions

• bhagi
    Participant
    5 posts
    4 March 2017 at 8:26:47 #810962

Hi,

We are planning a 9 day trip to Swiss in June this year with our 9 year old daughter.

Our rough itinerary is as follows. Please give your valuable suggestions.

Day 1: Arrive in Zurich by 1.30. Off to Interlaken/ Lauterbrunnen.

Day 2: Jungfrauch.

Day 3: Wengen/ Lauterbrennen.

Day 4: To Montreux via Golden Panorama train. Montreux to Lausanne by boat.

Day 5: Visit Broc for the chocolate factory visit in the morning and off to Zermatt.

Day 6: Matterhorn/ Gornergrat

Day 7: Matterhorn/ Gornerrat.

Day8: To Lucerne/ Zurich. Explore the city.

Day 9 : Mt. Titlis/ Rigi. Stay at Zurich and take the return flight in the morning.

(Our trip to Lausanne is solely for the chocolate factory visit at Broc (for our daughter). We plan to do the visit on day 5 in the morning and after that leave for Zermatt. Will this be too rushed a trip? )

Please give your suggestions.

Regards,

Bhagi

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7103 posts
    4 March 2017 at 14:59:44 #859602

Hi Bhagi, thanks for joining MySwissAlps!

Most of your trip looks fine to me. Day 5 will be very long though. It’s a 1h40 trip from Lausanne or Montreux to the chocolate factory in Broc, and a 3h40 trip from there all the way to Zermatt; please consult the timetable. If you don’t mind those traveling times it’s fine. If not, you may instead spend an extra night in Lausanne or Montreux and head for Zermatt the next morning.

I’m not sure about day 9. Can you still spend the entire day in Switzerland and does your flight leave in the morning of day 10? In that case a visit to Rigi or Titlis is doable. I personally wouldn’t prefer to do both in one day, although it’s doable if you leave early.

An 8 day Swiss Travel Pass for day 2-9, plus regular tickets for day 1, might suit your needs best.

Please find hotels for the towns you’re interested in through myswissalps.com/hotels /populartowns.

bhagi
    Participant
    5 posts
    5 March 2017 at 4:30:07 #859603

Thank you Annika for your reply.

We will reschedule as you suggested.

Regards,

Bhagi.

bhagi
    Participant
    5 posts
    20 March 2017 at 11:02:31 #859604

Hi MySwissAlps,

We have made some modifications to our itinerary. Could you please put in your suggestions?

June 24. We will be arriving at Zurich at around 9.30 am. We are planning to take the Golden Panoramic Train to Montreux. (What time is the train scheduled to depart from Lucern?). Night at Lausanne.

25. Gruyeres, Broc etc …. stay at Lausanne.

26. To Zermatt.. (Reach Zermat by noon. We are planning to take the Cog wheel train in the afternoon. Is it possible?) Stay at Zermat.

27. Matterhon . Night at Zermat.

28. To Interlaken. Night at Interlaken.

29. Jungfrauch. Night at Interlaken.

30. To Lucern. Night at Lucern/ Zurich.

1st.. 3.00 pm return flight.

Any suggestions/ modifications to be made?

Regards,

Bhagi

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 March 2017 at 17:34:35 #859605

Hi Bhagi,

1. Train schedules can all be found by searching here.
    2. Yes, its possible. Again check train schedules on link above. The cogwheel train you mean is for Gornergrat I believe?
    3. When you say Matterhorn what do you mean on 27th what do you mean? Your best views will be from Gornergrat.
    4. It all looks quite reasonable I think. If you need assistance with rail passes (are you traveling by train?) you can read more about your options here. I think the 8 day Swiss Travel Pass would be a great option for you.

Regards,
    Lucas

• The thread ‘9 days Swiss tour in June – Itinerary suggestions’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.