Luzern to Langnau im Emmental & also to Interlaken

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 May 2017 at 5:13:53 #811732

Hello There,

From Luzern to Lagnau im Emmental – is there a direct train to reach or we have to change to bus?

Is the cheese factory open on a Sunday?

And for the Golden Pass Line from Luzern – Interlaken OST, are we suppose to take the “panoramic train Luzern-Interlaken Express” by Zentralbahn?

http://www.zentralbahn.ch/en/ node/284

Can we board the train with the Swiss travel pass? Is it necessary to pay and reserve for seats?

Thank you!

Jityin

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 May 2017 at 9:43:05 #862979

Hi Jityin,

Yes, you will have to switch to a bus. You can enter your trip details on the train timetable here for details.

Yes, you will be on the Luzern – Interlaken Express for that route and your Swiss Travel Pass covers your ticket – no reservations needed.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 May 2017 at 7:05:57 #862980

Great. Thanks Lucas.

Can i also confirm that Mt. Pilatus is free with STP from year 2017?

Jityin

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    10 May 2017 at 8:24:28 #862981

Hi Jityin-

Perhaps some clarification –

There are trains form Luzern that go directly to Langnau im Emmental.

You can see the schedule in the timetable, and also see whether changes are needed.

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

On a random date in June, there are trains at xx16 and xx57.

The trains at xx16 are local/commuter trains, in this case the S6 and make many stops. They take one hour and 5 minutes to get to Langnau.

The RE ( RegioExpress) at XX57 takes 55 minutes.

Neither one requires a change of train.

The Show Dairy –

The Show Dairy in Affoltern im Emmental requires a bus. Their are two lines that you can use. One line connects train stations at Sumiswald-Grünen and Huttwil, and stops at the former train station at Affoltern Weir, in the valley. From Affoltern Weir station, you catch a second line which goes up the hill to Affoltern i.E; get of at bus stop Affoltern i.e, Dorf. (Dorf means village).

That bus continues to Hasle-Rüegsau train station.

The simplest route best route is to catch that bus in the other direction. Pick it up at Hasle Rüegsau . To do that will require at least one change of trains. That could be at Langnau or at Konolfingen. Schedules would dictate which one you choose.

Here is one option to do that –

Take the xx57 from Luzern direction Bern, get off at Konolfingen, and change to the train for Burgdrof, which stops at Hasle Rüegsau. Get off the train at Hasle-Rüegsau and ride up to Affolter, i.E., Dorf. The connection at Konolfingen is about 30 minutes, so that is not a fast route.

There are quite a few options for trains and buses in that region. The network is complicated. If you are in Langnau, the train from Langnau to Burgdorf stops at Hasle Rüegsau.

Also, that same train stops at Ramsei, where you can catch a train to Sumiswald-Grünen, then a bus to Affoltern-Weir and the bus from Afoltern-Weir to Affoltern i.E.

I routinely get confused when I am making connections around that area. I have learned to watch the schedule boards and trains very carefully. I’d suggest that you ask the train station staff at Luzern or Langnau or Konolfingen to print out itineraries for you, . It is important to watch the timings of trains closely at some of those stations….particularly, Langnau and Konolfingen, because there are often a couple of trains that arrive and depart close to the same times ( to allow various connections.)

This map can help you visualize the routes and connecting points..

map.search.ch/?pos=624888,209608&z=32

Zoom in and you can see the train lines. Under the menu for Points of Interest/Traffic, you can overlay icons for the transport stops. Zoom in and mouse over an icon, and you get a brief schedule of trains or buses stopping there , in the near future.

The show dairy ( signs will say “Schaukäserei”) is a very short walk from the bus stop. It has a nice restaurant, featuring cheese dishes, not surprisingly.

This thread may interest you. It includes a few pictures from the show-dairy at Affoltern.

http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/langnau-in-may

Scroll down on the second page to the post on April 16, at 3:47 PM.

Slowpoke

Arno
    15483 posts
    10 May 2017 at 11:48:45 #862982

Hi Jityin,

Yes, Mount Pilatus is free with the Swiss Travel Pass. You’ll find details here:

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    10 May 2017 at 12:54:36 #862983

Hi Jityin –

I’ve added here a link to the map with the train and bus stations/stops showing, at two different scales. One shows the routes near the show dairy in Affoltern.

map.search.ch/?pos=623544,209400&z=32 &poi=haltestelle,zug

The other, at a larger scale, shows Langnau and Huttwil, as well.

map.search.ch/?pos=622416,208048&z=16 &poi=haltestelle,zug

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 May 2017 at 4:20:48 #862984

Hi Slowpoke,

Super thanks for your detailed clarification and it really helps us a lot! 🙂

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    13 May 2017 at 6:25:43 #862985

Hi Jityin-

Forgot to say –

The show dairyin Affoltern i. E. is open everyday of the week.

emmentaler-schaukaeserei.ch/en/

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Luzern to Langnau im Emmental & also to Interlaken’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.