A day in Geneva

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 October 2014 at 16:59:39 #806674

We will be in Geneva on October 19. We will arrive from Lausanne to fly to Nice at 5:20pm. I have been trying to find a guided city bus tour through the tourist office. I know there is a self guided tour available. If we travel by train to the airport in the morning, are we able to leave our luggage there for the day? Or do we have to check it at the train station in Geneva? Another option is to take a boat from Lausanne to Geneva. Where would I find the schedule? I was directed to the train schedule.If we decide to do this, we would only have a short time to tour…which are the most popular attractions that we could visit on our own? We have a Swiss Rail Pass. Thank you for your valuable and much appreciated advice.

Joanne

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    2 October 2014 at 19:36:51 #841190

Hi Joanne,

You will reach the Geneva central station before you reach the airport, so it’s easier the store your luggage at the central station’s left luggage office. I think there are lockers as well. Then pick them up later and proceed to the airport.

For boat information and links to the schedules, please look here: http://www.myswissalps.com/boatlakegeneva

Doing a stroll around the lake is a good way to see the city in limited time. These and other suggestions are here: http://www.myswissalps.com/geneva

Have a great day!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 October 2014 at 5:35:29 #841191

Thanks again Arno for the information. We will decide what to do in Geneva, according to the weather. It’s good to know that we should leave our luggage at the train station.

Keep this website going! It is so helpful for all the people visiting your country.

Joanne

• The thread ‘A day in Geneva’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.