Things to do in Grindelwald for one day

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 May 2018 at 3:45:01 #816129

Am staying in wengen and planning a trip to Grindelwald the day after. I have gone to jungfrau and spent some time in Lauterbrunnen and Mürren

kindly advise the things to do / see in Grindelwald in a day.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    21 May 2018 at 13:10:40 #885928

Hi Skaushik!

There are lots of options around Grindelwald, especially if weather cooperates. You may consider viewing points such as First, Männlichen or Pfingstegg. Bad weather alternatives are listed at myswissalps.com/grinde lwald.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 May 2018 at 19:40:48 #885929

Thank you Annika. I would also like to know the best way to go to Schynige Platte? Are there any cultural activities to be witnessed there?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 May 2018 at 0:18:36 #885930

>> I would also like to know the best way to go to Schynige Platte?

You can find out how to get to Schynige Platte here:

http://www.myswissalps.com/sc hynigeplatte/gettingth ere

>> Are there any cultural activities to be witnessed there?

Between June and October in the middle of the day, you can listen to alphorn players:

http://www.jungfrau.ch/en-gb/schynige-platte/alphorn-players/

Alphorn players also usually greet the arrival of each train at Schynige Platte with a short performance on a hill above the railway station.

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 May 2018 at 4:31:17 #885931

Thank you. We will be missing out since we leave on 27. Any other place where we can witness Swiss culture?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 May 2018 at 5:52:29 #885932

>> We will be missing out since we leave on 27.

Leaving on 27th of what month? I have searched all your posts and nowhere could I find any information about your travel dates.

This might interest you:

http://www.jungfrau.ch/en-gb/harder-kulm/live-folklore-show-harder-kulm-interlaken/

If you have any more questions, please be specific about dates. Many excursions and activities in Switzerland are seasonal.

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 May 2018 at 6:11:31 #885933

Hi alpenrose666. We are in Switzerland right now and leaving on 27 of this month.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 May 2018 at 7:02:53 #885934

>> We are in Switzerland right now and leaving on 27 of this month.

OK. I was going to suggest you go up to Schynige Platte anyway, as it is such a beautiful view, but the train won’t start running again after the winter break until 1 Jun, so you will miss it unfortunately.

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘Things to do in Grindelwald for one day’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.