A day in the Lucerne area by train

A day in the Lucerne area by train

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
bsrastogi72
bsrastogi72
20 posts
May 8, 2018 - 5:24 AM

Hi, I am there in Lucerne region for 4 days. 3 days are reserved for city, Titlis and Jungfrau. O the last day we want to do a trip on one of the train routes where we can board the train from Lucerne and get down on each stop, stroll around a little in that town/village and catch the next train to next stop, finally take the train back to Lucerne by evening.

Can anyone suggest what route should we take ? Basically we want to have feel of real life and local beauty, a bit away from the known tourist spots. Thank You

rockoyster
rockoyster
3931 posts
expert
May 8, 2018 - 5:57 AM in reply to bsrastogi72

You will do a bit of training to Titlis and to Jungfrau.

Why not hop on a boat on Lake Lucerne and make your way to Flüelen stopping at different lakeside places along the way. From there catch a train back to Lucerne stopping wherever looks nice.

Or head over in the direction of Bern via Langnau and see some of the Emmental countryside. See attached map.

Just a few ideas from me.

Please login to see the attached documents
bsrastogi72
bsrastogi72
20 posts
May 8, 2018 - 12:16 PM

Thanks Rockoyster, your lake idea sounds really good as I was reading somewhere else about that route that it is beautiful.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018