A day in Zurich - what to do

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Ratnapedneca
Ratnapedneca
17 posts
May 18, 2018 - 2:48 PM

Could you please suggest what is the best thing to do in Zurich in a day n also how to go about it by taking a coach or a private car

Also need advice on airport transfer early morning the next day as my flight is at 9am

Thanks

Lucas
Lucas
9215 posts
expert &
May 18, 2018 - 5:26 PM in reply to Ratnapedneca

Hi Ratnpedneca,

You can find our Zurich activity recommendations listed here.

Are you looking for a bus or private car tour of Zurich? I'm not sure about that option. There is a trolley bus that operates a city tour though from Zurich Sihlquai bus station (near the train station).

You can take a taxi to the airport but you can also take a train from Zurich main station which can easily get you to the airport as early as 6am. The timetable will give you all the details for the trip.

Ratnapedneca
Ratnapedneca
17 posts
May 19, 2018 - 3:08 AM

Thanks for the suggestions

I would like to know if theres a bus tour covering Rhine falls besides other local sightseeing in Zurich Also how far would the bus station be from Adler hotel where i will be staying

Thanks

Lucas
Lucas
9215 posts
expert &
May 19, 2018 - 3:15 AM in reply to Ratnapedneca

Yes, there's a bus tour to the Rheinfalls (it also includes a trip to the Black Forest). It is listed on the 2nd page of the Zurich activities link from my 1st post.

Google says a 15 minute walk from the Adler Hotel to Sihlquai bus terminal. I'd agree with that...20 at the most if you have a lot of luggage.

Last modified on May 21, 2018 - 7:39 PM by Arno

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018