A day in Zurich – what to do

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 May 2018 at 14:48:21 #816075

Could you please suggest what is the best thing to do in Zurich in a day n also how to go about it by taking a coach or a private car

Also need advice on airport transfer early morning the next day as my flight is at 9am

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 May 2018 at 17:26:40 #885706

Hi Ratnpedneca,

You can find our Zurich activity recommendations listed here.

Are you looking for a bus or private car tour of Zurich? I’m not sure about that option. There is a trolley bus that operates a city tour though from Zurich Sihlquai bus station (near the train station).

You can take a taxi to the airport but you can also take a train from Zurich main station which can easily get you to the airport as early as 6am. The timetable will give you all the details for the trip.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 May 2018 at 3:08:28 #885707

Thanks for the suggestions

I would like to know if theres a bus tour covering Rhine falls besides other local sightseeing in Zurich Also how far would the bus station be from Adler hotel where i will be staying

Thanks

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 May 2018 at 3:15:59 #885708

Yes, there’s a bus tour to the Rheinfalls (it also includes a trip to the Black Forest). It is listed on the 2nd page of the Zurich activities link from my 1st post.

Google says a 15 minute walk from the Adler Hotel to Sihlquai bus terminal. I’d agree with that…20 at the most if you have a lot of luggage.

• The thread ‘A day in Zurich – what to do’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.