A dream came true – Swiss winter trip

• Naiana
    Participant
    14 posts
    6 June 2022 at 16:18:26 #827427

Hi,

I came here to leave my statement. I was in Switzerland in January of this year, after a lot of consultation, research and planning. And it required very careful planning. We were in the midst of a strong wave of covid and we had a lot of extra expenses to be able to reach the old continent. We arrived via France, took our children to Disneyland Paris and then took the train to Interlaken, where we set up our base. We had many obstacles in the tests of covid in France and I have never seen a people so unwilling to help us, but when I arrived in Switzerland I was simply speechless.

I had the best days and best moments of my trip in this region of Interlaken. I’m in love with Grindelwald, Mürren and Lauterbrunnen. It was all very perfect and you here on the forum helped me a lot. If it weren’t for the help I got here I wouldn’t know anything about the best tours, best villages and train passes. You helped me make this dream came true.

I met snow for the first time in my life and that childhood dream of touching the snow, of playing, making a snow angel finally came true. My children had the best time of their lives. Unfortunately the language barrier did not allow us to learn to ski. The classes were in English and only I speak a little English, my kids and my husband only speak Portuguese, but we had unforgettable time sledding in Grindelwald and Mürren.

Many thanks to a forum participant who recommended me a visit to Mürren, it was very nice and very, very, very special. I dream of returning to this little piece of heaven. I don’t know if I was able to express myself well, but for me, a Brazilian, who lives in the middle of the Amazon rainforest, so distant of Europe, in a place where snow is something so unreal and distant, it was the realization of the biggest dream of our lives.

Switzerland will always have a very special place in my heart. God willing, I really want to come back in other seasons and many other times. Thank you to everyone who patiently helped me make this dream come true. I loved every day of my existence in Switzerland.

And do you recommend me to come back in April? Would it be a good month to get to know everything that we didn’t have the opportunity to get to know in winter?

Thank you one more time, guys!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6355 posts
    6 June 2022 at 18:54:06 #942960

Hi Naiana,

Thanks for making the time to write this wonderful trip report. And I enjoyed looking at the photos. It seems your children had a great time.

You should definitely come back again. If you’re interested in learning how to ski but language is a barrier, you might want to try skiing in Ticino instead, which is the Italian-speaking region. I’m assuming Italian is similar to Portuguese (but correct me if I’m wrong) so it might be easier for you to communicate. You can check out places such as Airolo and perhaps even Andermatt. And better to plan a winter/skiing trip before April as April usually marks the end of winter ( ski resorts operate until mid April). However April would be a good time to experience Springtime in the valleys and explore old towns and cities. You can find more useful information about the best time to visit here:

Best regards,

Anna

ybiowyap
    Participant
    2 posts
    23 October 2022 at 13:53:04 #942961

Thank you sharing… I am going to Switzerland at the end of December 27 for a week!!!

Arno
    15483 posts
    23 October 2022 at 15:08:13 #942962

Welcome to MySwissAlps Ybiowyap2! Great that you’re planning a Switzerland visit in December and that Naiana’s trip report is helpful. If you have any questions about your trip, please feel free to open a new thread: https://www.myswissalps.com/forum.

• The thread ‘A dream came true – Swiss winter trip’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.