A relaxed and Bern-based month in Switzerland

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 June 2019 at 0:02:22 #912808

This Sunday will be my planning day. Thank you for giving me such thorough information.

Isobel
    Participant
    54 posts
    7 June 2019 at 0:34:22 #912809

Hi Peterli, wanted to say I always enjoy your posts, particularly for their tactful honesty, and you often touch on something I am wondering about, and help me to “consolidate” my itinerary. For example, we will confine our two days only in Zurich to Zurich – old town walking, walks along the lake, the mountain named I think Mt Utlelieg, just out of the central area of Zurich where I hear the locals like to relax in their spare time, rather than get too ambitious and exhausted trying to see other drawcards. So thank you. Best wishes Isobel

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    7 June 2019 at 0:37:35 #912810

Hear, hear regarding Peterli, Isobel.

Also see http://www.myswissalps.com/hi king/uetliberg-felsenegg/route.

Isobel
    Participant
    54 posts
    7 June 2019 at 0:53:30 #912811

thanks Rockoyster, Uetliberg it is. The help and time you have given to me and others is amazing!! Thank you. We just spent 16 days in your home state, Tasmania, which was not long enough and we will hopefully explore it many more times, absolutely beautiful state; my husband would move there in a shot, but I am attached to my family and friends in Victoria, and the beautiful area we live in here, the Macedon Ranges. I actually compared sizes of Switzerland versus Tasmania and found that Switzerland is actually only about two-thirds the size of Tasmania, our smallest state. That helped to put Switzerland into perspective size-wise, but I guess all that mountainous area makes it seem a whole lot bigger. I am gaining lots of info by scanning the forum questions each day for items of particular interest; helps immensely. Best wishes, Isobel

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    7 June 2019 at 2:34:50 #912812

We love Tassie. Came, saw, stayed!

Less than a month to your Swiss adventure, Isobel. It will be warmer than the Macedon Ranges at this time of year. Pack the sunscreen, t-shirts and shorts!

Enjoy.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • The thread ‘A relaxed and Bern-based month in Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.