A perfect first trip to Switzerland in October

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Danielsan
    Participant
    634 posts
    20 November 2018 at 2:36:44 #898598

Hi Sumi,

You’re welcome, and thanks for taking time to read my trip reports. Yes, Pilatus is definitely worth the trip. Either for the day, or as I did overnight. It was one of the best 24-hour-periods of my life. Hope you do get to spend more time in Zermatt. I don’t believe it’s worth going for just the day, but that is only my opinion, and I realize it depends on the time people have in their itinerary’s. Hope you get there again soon.

Danielsan

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 November 2018 at 6:29:42 #898599

Thank you, Danielsan ! Will definitely try to visit Pilatus and spend some time in Zermatt the next time.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 February 2019 at 5:29:02 #898600

Hi dear….your detailed itinerary was really amazing. additionally will it b possible for you share the costs as well? It would really b helpful..thanks

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 February 2019 at 17:15:07 #898601

Hi Sumi,

Could you please tell me how is Ibis Budget hotel Luzern City? How’z their breakfast? Do you recommend booking with breakfast or without breakfast? We are also planning to book this hotel for our July travel. Can we walk to hotel from Luzern station with luggage and two young kids (14 and 9 years old)? If not, what’s the alternative way to reach the hotel.

Thanks.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    11 February 2019 at 18:33:29 #898602

Hi Sukunag –

Plenty of resources on the web to help you.

Here is a good map:

Bus…but it is not much of a walk

map.search.ch/?q=Hotel+ibis+budget+Lu zern,+Luzern,+Kellerst r.+6&poi=haltestelle&n ear=666080,213952&pos= 666396,211056&z=256

I note that the hotel has its own web site with a map, too.

https://www.accorhotel s.com/gb/hotel-6782-ibis-budget-luzern-city/index.shtml

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 February 2019 at 4:02:05 #898603

Hi Sukunag,

Ibis budget hotel Luzern city was absolutely fine for us. We had taken the twin room with double bed (attached showers). The rooms as well as the shower room were small but clean. We hardly spent any time in the hotel apart from sleeping , and had no complaints.

We never had breakfast in the hotel, so I am not so sure about what was there in the breakfast and how was it But we saw a lot of people having breakfast in the hotel and the price was also not that high. So overall a good value for money. We mostly took our food from the supermarkets near the station – Coop and Migros. There is also a Denner store near the hotel. I feel, you can book rooms without breakfast option. Later if you feel like having the breakfast in the hotel, you can always pay and have it.

The hotel is 12-15mins walk from the train station.It wont be much of a problem. Still if you have heavy luggage and feel like taking a bus, the bus stop is just outside the train station and there is a stop just infront of the hotel. I don’t remember the name though.

Sumi

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 February 2019 at 4:30:43 #898604

Hi Dipannitadeb ,

Glad that the itinerary could be a help to you.I don’t have all the cost details but will share you some details from which you can make an idea :

Avg. hotel/hostel cost – 110chf (per day) ; Lockers – 10chf (avg).

Swiss travel pass (8 days + 2 free travel days offer) – 870chf approx. (2 persons)

Additional travel expenses (2 persons) : Mannlichen – 59chf , Titlis (104.4chf) , Grindelwald First (60chf) – extra for some of the activities , Trummelbach falls (22chf)

Apart from these , food was expensive. Your best bet will be the supermarkets. Sandwiches and salads in supermarkets cost from 5-10CHF. Restaurant prices are higher (about 20-30chf) for a meal.

Hope this helps , Sumi.

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • The thread ‘A perfect first trip to Switzerland in October’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.