Planning a visit to Mt. Titlis for the day

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 July 2019 at 1:08:41 #822720

Hi I am trying to plan a day in August at Titlis for me and my teen age daughter and trying to create a plan.

We will arrive in Engelberg by train around 10am

We want to do the following:

Travel to the summit via the Titlis Rotair where I believe we can do the Cliff Walk and Glacier cave

Hike to Stotzig Egg which I believe takes about 40 minutes

Then travel via the Ice Flyer Chairlift to the Glacier and visit the Glacier park where we can snow tube

Return to the summit and have lunch

If I am understanding what I have read, the cost to do the above is 92CHF for the Engelberg-Titlis return trip (eligible for a 50% reduction if we have the 4 day Swiss Travel Pass) + 12 CHF for the Chair lift ice flyer.

On the way back down we were hoping to visit the Titlis Adventure Park.

My question is how do we fit in the Titlis Adventure Park. Do we have to go all the way to the base and then back up? Do I need to purchase an additional ticket to get there? Or alternatively is there an opportunity to get on and off the life at Trubsee? Would I have to purchase an Engelberg – Trubsee round trip ticket for $32 CHF plus a Trubsee – Titlis round trip ticket for $70 CHF or am I misunderstanding?

Any advise is much appreciated.

Thanks

Dan

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 July 2019 at 10:13:21 #917196

Hello Dan,

Nice that you’re taking your daughter to Mount Titlis.

You will only need a ticket from Engelberg to the peak of Mount Titlis, as the ascend/descend go through the Trübsee station and you can simply get off there and board again later with the same roundtrip ticket:
    http://www.myswissalps.com/ti tlis/gettingthere

Regarding the hike you mention, make sure you check upon arrival if it’s open (path conditions, as it’s in the snow) and also I believe it’s 40 minutes one-way, so double to make it back to the peak station.
    http://www.titlis.ch/en/activ ity/detail/wanderung-stotzig-egg/2947/60739

For purchase options of tickets to Mount Titlis check the according tab of my first link, and for input on the mentioned Swiss Travel Pass please see below:
    http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass

Hope this answers your question. Otherwise feel free to get back to us.

Best,
    Steph

• The thread ‘Planning a visit to Mt. Titlis for the day’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.