Sep 20, 2017 - 12:34 AM
in reply to Jmacg
Hi Jmacg, and welcome to MySwissAlps!
>> Will be traveling Nov 19-25 and wondering what will be accessible in Bernese Oberland for hiking and viewing natural sites, especially in Jungrau region. Wondering if it would be better to focus on Lucerne.
Your dates do indeed include the pre-winter mountain transport maintenance period, so there will be limits on where you can go, but I am sure you will still have a wonderful time.
Details for 19-25 November 2017:
- Pilatus: Kriens cable car/gondola operating; cogwheel train from Alpnachstad operating until 19 Nov only.
- Rigi: all routes and modes of transport operating
- Stanserhorn: not operating
Jungfrau Region - operating/accessible
- Interlaken - Harder Kulm funicular: operating until 26 Nov inclusive
- Lauterbrunnen - Grütschalp - Mürren cable car and train
Jungfrau Region - not operating/not accessible
- Grindelwald - First gondola
- Mürren - Allmendhubel funicular
- Mürren - Schilthorn cable car
- Wilderswil - Schynige Platte train
- Brienz - Brienzer Rothorn train
The Grindelwald - Männlichen gondola and the Wengen - Männlichen cable car will not be operating, except if there are good snow conditions on the weekends of 18/19 Nov and 25/26 Nov.
You might want to consider including Zermatt in your trip. Both the Gornergrat train and Klein Matterhorn/Glacier Paradise cableways will be operating.
Last modified on Sep 20, 2017 - 12:37 AM by Removed user