About boat (ferry) in Geneva lake

• giftofgod
    Participant
    12 posts
    26 January 2016 at 12:14:43 #808329

Hi

I will be in Geneva on 6-11-2016. One full day I will be Geneva, doing local site visits. Next day i am planning to visit Interlaken. I want to take a train from Montreux to interlaken. Please let me know if there is any direct boat from Geneva to Montreux ? This will solve my both purpose, lake tour and also i will reach Montreux to take train. SUGGESTION REQUIRED

Thanks

sanjeev

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    26 January 2016 at 13:09:30 #847976

Welcome Sanjeev!

You’ll find a link to the timetable under “More on other websites” on myswissalps.com/ boatlakegeneva. However, I don’t think they have a schedule for after April yet. I’m not sure if they had direct boats from Geneva to Montreux before. You may have to change in Lausanne. Please confirm your travel date. The way you wrote it means November 6 in Switzerland, but you might mean June 11?

giftofgod
    Participant
    12 posts
    26 January 2016 at 15:36:03 #847977

Hi Arno

Thanks for such a quick reply.

Yes, i am talking about November 6, 2016. I inquired with CGN, and they replied , direct boats are not available. Anyway, please provide me some general information. I will be Switzerland from 6th or 7th november 2016. I will be there for 4 nights in total

1) What and how is the weather in Switzerland during the month of November

2) My tour plan is like this

a) 1st day in Geneva (local tour and lake tour)

b) 2nd day to Interlaken , leaving Geneva early in the morning by train to Interlaken. Have boat tour in lake THUN. Late afternoon, we will leave for Luzerne

c) 3rd day from Interlaken , we will go to engelberg and then to Mt Titlis and back

d) 4th day from Interlaken we will take boat ride and visit Mt Rigi, do some local tour and back to lucerene

e) 5th day we leave lucerne for zurich and late afternoon we leave zurich for Frankfurt ( Germany)

This is a small itinerary i have made, please check it tell me the loop holes here and suggest any better idea / changes from your view

thanks

sanjeev

Annika
    7116 posts
    28 January 2016 at 17:59:36 #847978

Hi Sanjeev,

1) It will probably be chilly, but other than that it can’t be predicted. You can have sun, snow, rain or a mixture. Here’s a useful page: http://www.myswissalps.com/ab outswitzerland/nature

2) Be sure to check the Lake Thun timetable as well. Mount Titlis cable cars will be closed from 7 to 18 November (for maintenance).

I hope this was useful!

• The thread ‘About boat (ferry) in Geneva lake’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.