Swiss rental car with Canadian license

Swiss rental car with Canadian license

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
sandhuctr
sandhuctr
29 posts
Jun 18, 2018 - 11:54 PM

HI, Swiss team

Actually i am coming here in August. I am planning to buy swiss travel pass for eight days. For one day i looking for rental car in Gstaad due to shortage of time. I have two questions i am coming from Canada.

First can i drive with Canadian license with international permit and rules and regulations same like North America .

Second question is in Zermatt if i have to choose between Gornegrat and klein matterhorn whichone i should choose and which i can skip? Which is for better views? I am not doing hiking or any other things.

Thanks,

Aman

Lucas
Lucas
8820 posts
expert &
Jun 19, 2018 - 12:09 PM in reply to sandhuctr

Yes, you'll have no problem renting with your CDN driver's license. Regulations are very similar here - don't speed as the fines are huge and they will ticket for for 1 or 2km/h over the limit. Maximum speed is really the maximum speed here. :)

Both mountains, Klein Matterhorn and Gornergrat offer great views of the Matterhorn in good weather.

Gornergrat gives you the postcard view everyone knows of.

sandhuctr
sandhuctr
29 posts
Jun 19, 2018 - 9:59 PM in reply to Lucas

Thanx Lucas

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018