About seat reservation for Luzern to Interlaken

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 November 2018 at 15:30:50 #818936

Hi everyone

I’m going to visit the beautiful Switzerland on Feb. 2019, and plan to go to Interlaken from Luzern by train(golden pass line) on Feb 8, as I know, I’m suggested to make seat reservation even if I’ll have swiss travel pass, but hear come a trouble, I can’t make seat reservation successfully via this web site: tickets.goldenpass.ch/

always get same response when trying to make reservation on Feb 8, 2019,

“We regret that on this day / at this time there are no trains where you can reserve a seat.
    Please select an alternative date or request trains without reservation option.”

I also try another date(both 2018, 2019), but still same response,

if someone can answer me, I’ll appreciate that

thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 November 2018 at 16:44:05 #899028

Hi Angus an welcome to MySwissAlps!

It seems like a technical issue on their site. Have a look in a week or two and see if it is resolved. I wouldn’t be concerned about making a reservation between Lucerne and Interlaken though.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 November 2018 at 0:32:03 #899029

There is absolutely zero need to reserve a seat on the Luzern – Interlaken train. Just turn up at Luzern and walk on.

Next, ignore the phrase GoldenPass in this instance.

Current tourist branding can be confusing

The Luzern – Interlaken railway is actually the Brunig Pass (the true Goldenpass is just the MOB railway Zweisimmen – Montreux).

The Luzern – Meiringen – Interlaken line is the Brünig pass line operated by Zentralbahn (ZB), which dubs the regular trains “Luzern – Interlaken Express’.

I recommend you do some independent research on Swiss railways, but the basic thing you need to know is that on the main network trains generally run at least once per hour, on many routes every half hour – and have plenty of seating capacity.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 November 2018 at 1:04:00 #899030

@Lucas

thank you for your kindly response, it’s good to hear that it is technical issue instead of mine,

@1960man

thank you for your advise, indeed, I did not do some research about total Swiss railways system, I’ve just been focus on what my trouble with, I will look into it

Thank for both your suggestion that no need to make reservation on this route

• The thread ‘About seat reservation for Luzern to Interlaken’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.