ABOUT SWISS PASS

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 March 2011 at 0:32:33 #804165

HI,
    Me and my kids starts from india and join with my husband(work there.) in netherland.We together have a plan to visit swiss.
    My itenary is like,Netherlands-Zurich-Chur-(glacier exp)-Zermatt-Interlaken-Zurich-Netherlands.we will plan the entire travel by train.3 full days and 2 nights in Swiss.
    It will require lots of internal travel also otherthan Glacier express.they are as follows,
    From1. Zurich to Chur,2.from Zermatt to interlaken,3.from Interlaken to zurich.
    And another one question.Any other pass include round trip travel from netherlands.
    After your valuable suggestions i am going to book my tickets.
    Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 March 2011 at 12:55:28 #832326

HI,
    PLEASE IS THERE ANY ONE TO GUIDE ME.THE SWISS AUTHORITIES?

Arno
    15471 posts
    9 March 2011 at 14:29:58 #832327

Hello Indian. You’ve selected a beautiful train route! A 3 day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass would suit your plans: it allows you to travel for free during all three days and on all routes within Switzerland. This way, you don’t have to buy regular tickets anymore, and you’ll save about CHF 116.00 per person compared to regular train fares. If your kids are under 16, they can travel along for free if you order a free STS Family Card with your Swiss Saver Flexi Pass. You only have to pay an extra amount for seat reservations, which are required for international train trips (when entering and leaving Switzerland) and for the Glacier Express.

There are indeed rail passes available for travelling in several bordering European countries. Examples are the 3 country Eurail Selectpass and the Eurail Germany-Switzerland Pass. But please note that you’ll only be making one return trip in the Netherlands and Germany. It depends on the price of the return ticket Netherlands – Switzerland you need with the Swiss Saver Flexi Pass whether such a pass would be cheaper. Moreover, part of the Glacier Express route isn’t for free with the Eurail passes, but discounted by 25%.

So, in most cases you’re better off buying regular tickets for the return trip Netherlands-Swiss border (Basel), plus a Swiss Saver Flexi Pass. Prices for the return trip depend on the day and time you’ll travel, and where you buy it. You can purchase it along with the Swiss Saver Flexi Pass or through NS Hispeed.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 March 2011 at 2:20:53 #832328

[quote]Arno said: HELLO MODARNO,
    IF I HAVE PLANNED TO BUY SWISS SAVER FLEXI PASS {3 DAYS}(TRAVEL TIME-APRIL END)WHEN AND HOW TO BUY?I PLAN TO BUY AT ARRIVEL IN BASEL.IS IT O.K.OR BUY IT THROUGH POST ?ADVICE ME.THANK U.

Hello Indian. You’ve selected a beautiful train route! A 3 day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass would suit your plans: it allows you to travel for free during all three days and on all routes within Switzerland. This way, you don’t have to buy regular tickets anymore, and you’ll save about CHF 116.00 per person compared to regular train fares. If your kids are under 16, they can travel along for free if you order a free STS Family Card with your Swiss Saver Flexi Pass. You only have to pay an extra amount for seat reservations, which are required for international train trips (when entering and leaving Switzerland) and for the Glacier Express.

There are indeed rail passes available for travelling in several bordering European countries. Examples are the 3 country Eurail Selectpass and the Eurail Germany-Switzerland Pass. But please note that you’ll only be making one return trip in the Netherlands and Germany. It depends on the price of the return ticket Netherlands – Switzerland you need with the Swiss Saver Flexi Pass whether such a pass would be cheaper. Moreover, part of the Glacier Express route isn’t for free with the Eurail passes, but discounted by 25%.
    So, in most cases you’re better off buying regular tickets for the return trip Netherlands-Swiss border (Basel), plus a Swiss Saver Flexi Pass. Prices for the return trip depend on the day and time you’ll travel, and where you buy it. You can purchase it along with the Swiss Saver Flexi Pass or through NS Hispeed.[/quote]

Arno
    15471 posts
    18 March 2011 at 2:38:21 #832329

Hi Indian,

You can purchase it from the Swiss Flexi Pass page. Just click “Show more countries” and then “India” and continue from there. Shipping takes about 6 working days, so I would advice to order no later than 2 weeks before departure.

Enjoy your traveling in the Alps!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 March 2011 at 12:04:35 #832330

HI MODARNO,
    IF MY PLAN IS THREE DAYS AND TWO NIGHTS IN INTERLAKEN ,IS SWISS SAVER FLEXI IS GOOD FOR ME.IS IT HELP IN JUNGFRO ,AND OTHER EXCURSIONS?AND HOPE IT COVERS TRAVEL FROM BASEL TO INTERLAKEN AND FROM INTERLAKEN T0 BASEL.THANK U FOR UR KIND REPLY.

Annika
    7104 posts
    19 March 2011 at 4:34:49 #832331

Hello Indian. Yes, a 3 day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass would be fine. Please find all details, including a link to a map showing the exact overview of validity, at our Swiss Flexi Pass page.

• The thread ‘ABOUT SWISS PASS’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.