Accommodation & planning for Engelberg/Interlaken

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Krishpandya
Krishpandya
2 posts
Jan 19, 2018 - 4:43 PM

Hi everyone.... I m planning for a switzerland and Greece honeymoon trip... My flights are booked... I need help with the accommodation and sightseeing for 7 nights

I m arriving on 17th april to Zurich Airport 2:30pm.... So far my plan is to stay in engelberg for 3 nights and Interlaken for 3 nights and the last night will be in Geneva or Zurich Airport hotel as i have an early flight to Athens..

I need help for what should i cover.. As i m on my honeymoon i will prefer more of romantic places... I can change my accommodation venues also if its required...

Thank you guys in advance

Arno
Arno
11356 posts
expert &
Jan 20, 2018 - 7:52 PM

Hi Krishpandya,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! I would hesitate to book 3 nights in Engelberg in mid April. Things could still be winter-like. That's good if you love snow. But more likely there is no snow in the village, but still enough in higher altitudes to prevent you from hiking there. Mount Titlis will be nice and snowy, but you can reach it from Lucerne too, which is more centrally located. It all depends on your goals and expectations I guess.

Interlaken is not the nicest town in Switzerland in my opinion, but in April it's not so bad for the same reasons as above: it is a good base to explore a wide area, including the Jungfrau region.

The above links offer more details, including activity and hotel suggestions. Just let us know if you have further questions.

Last modified on Jan 20, 2018 - 7:53 PM by Arno
Krishpandya
Krishpandya
2 posts
Jan 20, 2018 - 8:12 PM in reply to Arno

Thank you arno for the information.. Which two bases should I prefer according to you.... I basically want a little bit of town experience and a little bit of a mid sized town experience... If not Interlaken and engelberg then which two bases you would suggest?

Arno
Arno
11356 posts
expert &
Jan 20, 2018 - 8:23 PM

Hi Krishpandya,

Lucerne qualifies for your town experience. Interlaken is a mid sized town - it looks bigger than it is. But you could also consider nearby Brienz. It's smaller and on a lake.

Lucas
Lucas
9611 posts
expert &
Jan 21, 2018 - 9:18 AM in reply to Krishpandya

Hi Krishpandya,

Definitely Lucerne is a good option. As an alternative to Brienz (if you want to be in the mountains and maybe in the snow) is a town like Wengen or Murren. Have a look at the links and see if they appeal to you!

Last modified on Jan 21, 2018 - 9:18 AM by Lucas

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018