Accommodation winter trip in Dec 23-30 with baby

• bear2019
    Participant
    50 posts
    25 October 2021 at 2:50:41 #826207

hi All,

This upcoming trip would be my 3rd visit but this time around i have 1 year old baby girl. Our group would be 4 adults and 1 baby.

1. Should i make Lauterbrunnen as my base, then from there i make a trip to Zermatt.

2. or should i stay in Zermatt for 3 days 2 night.

3. i manage to book one apartment in Lauterbrunnen, but 1 km from train station. how is Lauterbrunnen during winter, if there is bus that make a trip from train to few stops.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6355 posts
    25 October 2021 at 12:10:36 #937068

Hi bear2019,

A single journey from Lauterbrunnen to Zermatt takes about 3 hours. A day trip is possible but doesn’t really give you enough time to see and do much. If you would really like to include Zermatt in your itinerary, I would recommend spending at least a night here so you can explore this lovely mountain village.

On the other hand, Lauterbrunnen is ideal as a base to explore the Jungfrau region. You don’t have to travel all the way to Zermatt to experience a Swiss winter/ski resort. Around Lauterbrunnen, you’ll find similar destinations such as Wengen, Grindelwald and Mürren. However, I can’t guarantee there will be snow in these destinations in December. Due to global warming, snowfall tends to start later in the season. For information on how to get to and get around in Lauterbrunnen, have a look at this link: http://www.myswissalps.com/lauterbrunnen/travel

The following links may be useful if you’re still looking for accommodation.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Anna

• The thread ‘Accommodation winter trip in Dec 23-30 with baby’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.