Accommodations at Lake Constance

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 February 2016 at 15:56:30 #808401

Hey Slowpoke (and any others who can contribute),

You posted the following on one of the threads that I started in the “Miscellaneous” forum:

“This attached map/boat schedule shows how you could stay at many places along the lake shore, some of which are quainter than Kreuzlingen. Kreuzlingen has good rail service, though.”

I couldn’t find a map in your post. Would you be able to attach it here? I’d be interested to know where else I can stay.

Thanks for all your help so far!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    10 February 2016 at 16:23:33 #848342

Hi Patchouli,

If you’re looking for accommodation, please include some addition information as explained here. Thanks!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 February 2016 at 16:46:03 #848343

Sure thing!

I’ll be travelling solo.

Budget: 40-50 CHF per night

Arrival: May 19

Departure: May 21

Special request: I would like a private room.

Mode of transport: I’ll be arriving by train from Zurich, and will rent a bike to get around.

Location: Ideally, a bit centrally located and also close to the cycling path.

Arno
    15471 posts
    12 February 2016 at 11:01:22 #848344

Hi Patchouli,

The map on http://www.sbsag.ch/fahrplan-preise/kursschifffahrt .html shows where the boats stop. Apart from Kreuzlingen, Romanshorn is another town where both boats and trains stop. Other options are Arbon and Rorschach, although it may make sense for you not to go East too far as you were planning to do the Aare cycling route.

As for hotels: your budget is too low for a private room in Switzerland. Only dormitories will be available around that price. Here are a few cheaper options with private rooms, and in central locations:

Do these options fit your plans?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 February 2016 at 17:22:57 #848345

Hi Arno,

Thanks for your suggestions!

I thought about staying in other towns, but decided that Kreuzlingen would be best for where I’m headed. I also want to stay somewhere a bit more centrally located during my first 2 days in Switzerland.

I managed to find something in Kreuzlingen, albeit it was 5 CHF more than I had budgeted. Nonetheless I am satisfied.

Arno
    15471 posts
    12 February 2016 at 17:27:30 #848346

You’re welcome! Which accommodation did you book? Private rooms for CHF 50 are pretty rare in Switzerland, so I’m curious which one you found.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 February 2016 at 17:44:24 #848347

Haus Gisela: bnb-duve-kreuzlingen-konstanz.ch/

I found it on http://www.bnb.ch! 🙂 It also had really good reviews on TripAdvisor.

I will be staying in the “Ein 2-Bett-Zimmer (9 m²) mit Balkon und eigenem Duschbad im Erdgeschoss” for 55 CHF per night. My accommodation in Bern is “only” 60 CHF per night, hence the hesitation to spend more than that in Kreuzlingen.

I looked into staying at the youth hostel because, as you said, affordable accommodations are hard to find. But I read that it wasn’t exactly walking distance from the train station, and location is a big factor for me due to logistics. I need to have most of my belongings transported to Bern and will be making use of SBB’s regular luggage transfer and bike rental services in Kreuzlingen.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    13 February 2016 at 7:36:05 #848348

<<“will be making use of SBB’s regular luggage transfer and bike rental services in Kreuzlingen. “>>

Watch the timing if you plan to use the luggage transfer service. Same day service may not always be available, although it is for most major cities. It costs a lot to get the fastest service, comparable to your room costs

http://www.sbb.ch/en/station-services/services/lugg age-and-flight-luggage/luggage-product-comparison.html

Slowpoke:

Arno
    15471 posts
    13 February 2016 at 8:56:50 #848349

Thanks, sounds like a good option!

• The thread ‘Accommodations at Lake Constance’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.