Interlaken apartment tourist taxes in Switzerland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 November 2019 at 21:25:15 #824479

Hi

I just booked an apartment in Interlaken on Agoda and later recd an email from the property stating I need to pay visitor tax for the no of nights stay per person. During the booking I don’t see any such fees other than service charge of a sum.

Pls advise if this is the case in Switzerland that we need to pay for visitor tax to be collected at the property?

Thank you

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 November 2019 at 21:59:20 #925244

Hello Nyap,

Thanks for your question!

Yes, you will need to pay the tourist tax while you stay at your apartment rental in Interlaken. I will attach a detailed link for your reference regarding the tourist tax.

I hope that clears things up for you!

Best regards,

Suzanne

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 November 2019 at 11:07:44 #925245

Dear Suzanne

Thank you for answering my question. I thought that there were already taxes included and didn’t know that still needed to pay for tourist tax, this is something new to me.

Anyway, thank you so much and am glad that there’s this platform that I can turn to when in doubt.

Have a great week ahead!

• The thread ‘Interlaken apartment tourist taxes in Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.