Swiss accommodation charges for adults and child

Swiss accommodation charges for adults and child

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Harjeet
Harjeet
25 posts
Jul 9, 2018 - 1:15 PM

Hi,

I was going through various accommodation for my trip to Switzerland.

One question which I got is "Room rate rises with number of sleeps e.g. 2 Adults or 3 Adults expectedly so but even with 2 Adults and child of age less than 8 years the rooms and prices changes"

Child may share double bed and might not require separate bed. Is there rule or policy that even with child of age less than 8 yrs separate bed need to be taken.

If a room is showing for 2 adults can we adjust child who as of now might not be in habit of using separate bed obviously < 8 yrs age

Regards

Harjeet

Arno
Arno
11155 posts
expert &
Jul 9, 2018 - 1:29 PM

Hi Harjeet,

It's common in Switzerland to charge based on the number of guests, (almost) regardless of age. Very young children (under 3 or so) might be free, but in any case you will need to book for the actual number of guests. Breakfast is included in most cases, as well as cleaning and energy consumption (water, electricity) and Wifi. So that's why the price is not per room. In fact you don't "book a room" but you book "accommodation for X people". Which is reality is of course a room with an appropriate number of beds :-)

Does this answer your question?

Last modified on Jul 9, 2018 - 1:33 PM by Arno
Harjeet
Harjeet
25 posts
Jul 9, 2018 - 4:19 PM in reply to Arno

Yes the answer does help :)

jatinsmehta
jatinsmehta
64 posts
Jul 10, 2018 - 3:43 PM

I have a similar question, while booking, can I select 2 adults instead of 2 adults & child(10 yrs) & whatever surcharge is applicable , can I pay directly at hotel?

I'm asking because the rate of child is similar to the rate of adult,which I feel is bit of unfair....if Swiss travel system gives free ride to child below 16, than even the hotels should be bit considerate in charging for child.

Lucas
Lucas
8881 posts
expert &
Jul 10, 2018 - 3:51 PM in reply to jatinsmehta

It would be up to each hotel to decide what to charge for kids.

If you don't pay for the child online at time of booking you will just be charged by the hotel when you check-in/out for the child.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018