3/4 star accomodation help in Luzern for family

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 February 2017 at 1:44:10 #810860

Hello everyone.

I am having trouble deciding on where to stay in Luzern and would like to please get some input and information on hotels in Luzern. We are planning on spending 5 days and 4 nights in Luzern and travelling to the mountains from this base. I have narrowed down my choices to 3 hotels which i have soft booked. I would just like to get some insight on these 3 hotels if possible. My range is from 3* to 4*. We are traveling end June and are a family of 2 adults and 2 kids (aged 14 & 11).

1) Hotel De La Paix– 3* – 2 x double rooms (hopefully can get connecting or close to each other) – 700m from train station-10-15 min walk. With breakfast.

2) Hotel Waldstatterhof – 3 1/2* – 2 x double rooms (again hopefully connecting or close by rooms) – just outside the train station – 3 min walk. With breakfast.

3) Hotel Continental-Park– 4* – Family room with breakfast. Good location.

Of course there is a price difference between the three hotels but since we are staying for 5 days we thought we might as well get a comfortable place. I am leaning towards Hotel Waldstatterhof for its price and location but have read reviews saying that it is very noisy and we would need ear plugs in order to get a good nights sleep. Also, just wondering is A/C a must during the end of June? Have checked the weather and it seems confortable enough but again reviews have left me conflicted! Hope I can get some help on this.

Thanks in advance.

KamalS

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 February 2017 at 9:20:49 #859213

Hi Kamals,

For long stays I book the best hotel I can afford. All those hotels are nice options. I would stay from the Waldstatterhof if noise is a concern (as it shows people have complained) or ask them to book you a room away from the street etc.

I would say A/C is not a must in June typically, but one can never predict the weather.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 February 2017 at 10:17:59 #859214

Hi Kamals

Just a suggestion as you have children aged 14 and 11 to give them a cultural experience with the opportunity to mix with lots of different nationalities etc. an option could be the YHA in Lucerne they offer 4 bedded rooms and breakfast is included in the price Typcial price is CHF 150 per night .Also included if you become YHA Members

Your local discounts

(Available all the year round)

Ticket for public transport included. Benefit from a free ticket for public transport in Lucerne or the surrounding area. The ticket is valid in the zone 10 and is for 2nd class travel (excluding boat trips) for the duration of your stay from the day you arrive to the day of your departure.

Tell-Pass: Stay 2 or more nights and get 15 peaks free of charge.

Guest card at the hostel reception

Classic Walking Tours: CHF 2.- discount

Glacier Garden and Mirror Labyrinth: CHF 2.-/adult, CHF 1.-/child discount

Historical Museum Lucerne: 20% discount

Museum of Art Lucerne: 20% discount

Natural History Museum Lucerne: CHF 1.- discount

Bourbaki Panorama: CHF 1.- discount

Collection Rosengart Lucerne: CHF 2.- discount

Richard-Wagner Museum: CHF 2.- discount

Museum of Transport Switzerland: CHF 4.-/adult, CHF 2.-/child CHF 5.-/family discount

Lucerne Theatre: 5% discount

Mini golf Lido: 10% discount

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 February 2017 at 11:23:44 #859215

Hi Lucas and twiggy321

Thanks so much for your replies. Yes was thinking the same about Waldstatterhof.

Will have a look at the YHA. The discounts seem amazing and the price rather reasonable.

Thanks

KamalS

• The thread ‘3/4 star accomodation help in Luzern for family’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.