Accommodation advice in Interlaken & Lucerne

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 January 2019 at 8:42:27 #819401

Hi,

We are a group of 6 people – all adults ( 4 are senior citizens ) visiting Swiss in last week of May for 2N Interlaken and 2N Lucerne (both near station). I was finding some budget hotels around Interlaken and came across a few and would need some advice if any one has any experience staying with them :

a. Residence Villa Flora (Interlaken)

b. Edelweiss Lodge (Wilderswil)

c. Happy Inn Lodge (Interlaken)

d. Holzhaus bei Interlaken (Goldswil)

e. New West Station 7 (Interlaken)

f. Residence Jungfrau (Unterseen)

My budget would be around 80-90 CHF per couple. 10 mins to Stations. I would be travelling by trains/bus so parking would not be a requirement. Any other suggestions are welcome.

Also kindly suggest any similar recommendations for Lucerne .

Thanks and Regards

Vivek

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 January 2019 at 10:57:21 #901713

Hi Vivek,

I don’t have personal experience at those hotels but we offer a list of recommended hotels on our Lucerne and Interlaken web pages. They have different budget ranges as well as note how close they are to the train stations.

Other members might be able to offer personal advice for you on those hotels or others. Let us know if none of the hotels we list work for you but they should. 🙂

Gunzel
    Participant
    241 posts
    8 January 2019 at 20:02:05 #901714

Consider the Unterseen area close to Interlaken West station. Also, have a look at Wilderswil.

My observations of “downtown” Interlaken was that it was very popular with noisy international tourists who travel in groups. Nothing wrong with that, of course, but may not appeal to everyone.

Can’t comment on Luzern because I haven’t been there since 1974.

Enjoy your travels!

Gunzel (Austalia)

Arno
    15483 posts
    9 January 2019 at 11:12:09 #901715

Hi Vivek,

All your suggestions are at short walking distance from a train station, except the one in Goldswil. I added the locations and links to your first post, so you can open the map and compare prices.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 January 2019 at 11:18:39 #901716

Hi Arno,

Thanks a lot for the response. I will check them. I know one of them is in Goldswil and one in Wilderswil but found them not very far off but just wanted to check if any one has experience staying at any of these. Also found Bed & Bar No.8 suggested in the Accomodations in Interlaken Forum Page which looks good enough. Thanks for the links.

Thanks and Regards

Vivek

• The thread ‘Accommodation advice in Interlaken & Lucerne’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.