Accommodation for 8 people in Interlaken & Lucerne

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 May 2018 at 16:10:07 #815657

Hi,

I am looking for vacation home / apartment / chalet for 8 people (4 adults, two kids of 18 years old, one 15 year old and one 12 year old. Looking for 2+ bathroom. Looking for maximum $400/night. Dates are as below:

Interlaken Area: July 29 – Aug 1 (3 nights)

Lucerne : Aug 1 – Aug 3 (3 nights)

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kris

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    1 May 2018 at 16:36:06 #883854

Hi Kris,

Does the exact location matter? Walking distance to a train stop for example? Did you already search on the websites mentioned on http://www.myswissalps.com/re ntals?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 May 2018 at 17:39:52 #883855

Hi Arno,

YEs, I seared the above. For most of the rental they are looking for 4 day minimum. I am finding some in the Interlaken area but not much for Lucern. In Lucern if I want to do the city and Mt. Titlis what are the other option I have to stay. I also want it not far from Zurich as I have 11 AM flight to catch and I was planning to start around 6 – 7 AM from Lucern to catch my flight that day.

Thanks

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 May 2018 at 6:13:02 #883856

Hi khetank,

Yes, the chalets or vacation homes often have a minimum stay (often 7 days actually). So it can be bit tricky.

Lucerne is only an hour and a few minutes to Zurich airport to if you are near Lucerne you won’t have a long trip to the airport. Once you’ve found a town or chalet you like, input the address to the timetable to find out how long the trip will be to the airport.

Have you searched HotelsCombined as well? You might have some luck there.

• The thread ‘Accommodation for 8 people in Interlaken & Lucerne’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.