Request review of 2 hotels, Interlaken & Lucerne

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 July 2018 at 6:33:11 #891845

Hi Harjeet,

I haven’t stayed in either hotel, but the Ibis Budget hotel Luzern City is one of the hotels we recommend on the website here (https://www.myswissalp s.com/lucerne/hotels) and is considered a good budget option.

I haven’t heard of the Happy Inn Lodge before but perhaps another member has.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 August 2018 at 15:41:48 #891846

Hi Harjeet,

Did you finalize your hotel plans? What did you end up booking or do you need more assistance?

Harjeet
    Participant
    36 posts
    1 August 2018 at 15:53:27 #891847

Hey Lucas,

I have reserved some of hotels and not booked yet. I am looking for reviews/recommendation of following

Lucerne – IBIS Budget Hotel Luzern City (You mentioned about it already so should be good) — 2 nights

Interlaken – Happy In Lodge — 3 nights

Montreux – Still Searching for cheaper accommodation but hard to find one 🙂 – 2 nights

Zurich – Ibis Budget Zurich City West — 1 nights

Regards

HArjeet

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 August 2018 at 7:02:13 #891848

Hi Harjeet,

I don’t have details on the Happy Inn Lodge, in Interlaken. It does seem to be more of a hostel though. Looks like a nice location – close to Interlaken West station (You’ll need to get to Interlaken Ost most of the time but you can train there from the West station).

Montreux – perhaps the Territet Hostel?

Zurich – I like Ibis hotels in Europe – never had a bad experience. The location of the Zurich West Ibis is nice (I lived near there and it has some great shops and restaurants) but it is not downtown if that is what you want. You can tram from the Technopark stop right out front of the hotel to Zurich main station (tram #4) or walk to Hardbrücke train station and hop on a train (probably the same time either way).

you can use the SBB timetable to plan these small city trips as well. using tram stops or addresses.
    https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable

• The thread ‘Request review of 2 hotels, Interlaken & Lucerne’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.