Acitivities in Thun and walk by the lake

• bat23
    Participant
    24 posts
    10 August 2022 at 14:28:39 #828032

For a sunny or cloudy days I want a nice short (1.5 – 3 km) by the lake. What you think is more scenic, has a promenade and easy to walk with children. :

– Boat to Oberhofen to see the gardens and walk to Hünegg Castle to visit inside and then back to thun by bus/boat.

– Arriving Spiez by train and then take bus/little train to the boat dock station and from there walk to Faulensee and take bus/boat to Thun.

I like photogenic places to take great pics.

Also would be happy to know about spots/streets in Thun itself.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 August 2022 at 16:23:56 #945431

Hi bat23,

At http://www.myswissalps.com/thun you’ll find some activity spots in Thun.

Regarding your question about the walk, it is difficult to answer. I highly recommend boat trips on Lake Thun. If your kids like castles, then visit the Hünegg Castle, it looks nice from the inside too. The Oberhofen garden is also beautiful.

The walk to Faulensee from Spiez is also nice: http://www.myswissalps.com/hiking/faulensee-spiez.

Ildiko

norcal1
    Participant
    8 posts
    14 August 2022 at 20:44:32 #945432

My experience on the boat on Lake Thun just 10 days ago was not pleasant. Lake Thun was beautiful; the water looked even more stunning than Lake Lucerne. However the boat crew took turn taking cigarette break, to the point of chain smoking equivalent for non-smokers like me. Even the boat restaurant smelled like cigarette. We were going to hop off at Oberhofen to see the castle, but the air became unbearable that we got off early at the Gunten dock, then took a bus to proceed to Oberhofen castle. I would suggest an upgrade to first class ticket to avoid the crew’s smoke.

The crew at the Lake Lucerne boat, on the other hand, did not smoke.

Anna
    6382 posts
    15 August 2022 at 4:03:39 #945433

Hi norcal1,

I’m sorry you encountered this bad service during your trip.

I hope the rest of your trip was favourable.

Regards,

Anna

• The thread ‘Acitivities in Thun and walk by the lake’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.