Adding travel pass to SBB phone app?

• Angielee396
    Participant
    14 posts
    4 August 2022 at 15:39:55 #827975

I just loaded the SBB app on my phone and I’m trying to add my Travel pass. The app asked for a c10 digit customer number and a postcode. The customer number is supposed to be on the front of the pass. Is it the order number? That is the only number that is 10 digits. Also, what do I use for a postcode. Not my code here in the US. I already tried that.

Thank you for your help.

Angie

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    4 August 2022 at 17:54:33 #945161

Hi Angie,

You don’t need an account for the SBB app, nor do you have to add your railpass. This account is primarily meant for Swiss residents, and the passes you can add/upload are digital subscriptions for Swiss residents. Those come with a code that can be entered, but they’re different from passes used by tourists.

I assume you’re talking about the Swiss Travel Pass (https://www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass) or one of the other tourist passes (http://www.myswissalps.com/train/ticketspasses)? You don’t have to add those to any account. The below pages provide more details about this:

Does that help you out?

Angielee396
    Participant
    14 posts
    4 August 2022 at 20:37:39 #945162

Thank you. I thought having everything in one place instead of carrying paper copies would be nice. Oh well.

Sohailghori
    Participant
    29 posts
    4 August 2022 at 23:38:12 #945163

Hi

I took a screenshot of my Swiss travel pass. They have QR code on it so should be okay. I will be getting there on August 13 so let’s hope all is well

But at least I don’t have to take paper out and show them

Anna
    6274 posts
    5 August 2022 at 13:04:13 #945164

Hi Angie,

Did you also get an e-ticket in your email? You can download this into you e-wallet on your smartphone. Or just show the QR code from the original email during random ticket inspection.

Regards,

Anna

Sfarns216
    Participant
    13 posts
    6 August 2022 at 5:10:09 #945165

Hi, Angie. We are currently here in Zermatt and went through the same confusion with the SBB app. We have the Swiss Travel Pass Flex and found out the SBB app only takes the Swiss Pass for residents. Confusing. So what we do is go “activate” a day and then load it into our iPhone Wallet. Each day is identified separately by the date, and when on a train, just pull it up from the wallet and the conductor scans it. We haven’t had any trouble with it yet and we’ve been using it since August 1st. My most confusing issue is determining the best train to take between locations (like we came from Montreux to Zermatt) and not getting a real “ticket” to do the actual traveling – you just use your wallet daily pass (mentioned above). It takes some getting used to, but we’re getting there. And I have to say that Montreux and Zermatt have been absolutely wonderful! This forum has been extremely helpful and I keep going back to links to re-read and review suggestions and activities. Enjoy your trip!

Angielee396
    Participant
    14 posts
    6 August 2022 at 14:15:36 #945166

Thank you Sfarns216. This is a big help and a load off my mind. We will be there in 5 weeks!! BTW, what is your fav restaurant in Zermatt?

Sfarns216
    Participant
    13 posts
    6 August 2022 at 14:51:52 #945167

Our hotel recommended an Italian place called GramPi’s, Bahnhofstrasse 70, 3920 Zermatt. It’s upstairs from Club Mamacita and across from the Post Hotel. It was excellent. Recommend a reservation, but with two we walked in at 7:00pm and were seated, but very crowded (which I assume means popular). Haven’t really tried any other places yet. Safe travels!

Arno
    15471 posts
    7 August 2022 at 7:10:41 #945168

Thanks for your helpful input Sfarns216! I hope you’re enjoying your stay in Zermatt. Feel free to post about your experiences (https://www.myswissalps.com/forum/tripreports) once you’re back home 🙂

• The thread ‘Adding travel pass to SBB phone app?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.