Advance booking required for Matterhorn paradise?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 June 2017 at 4:01:40 #812075

I would like to have a day trips to Matterhorn paradise and Pilatus (Golden round trip from Luzerne) on June 13 and June 10th. Am I required to make a advance booking/reservation for this trip? I have a Swiss travel pass. How busy/crowed these scenic places? Can I buy the tickets whenever I reach there?

I have tried to make a booking or purchase a ticket at shop.swissrailways.com /customer.php.

It has only the mailing options to ship to my address; not a option to print out the ticket. Please advise; I do not want to spend lot of time in standing in the line.

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 June 2017 at 10:08:03 #864332

Hi mncbabu,

You can not reserve spots on the trains and gondolas for these destinations. Only panoramic trains take reservations normally in Switzerland.

It may well be busy and you may have to stand in line for some trips in Switzerland – going early in the day is often best.

I know some places like Stanserhorn you can book a time on the gondola when the days are expected to be very busy – I haven’t heard about that option at Glacier Paradise/Klein Matterhorn or for Mt. Pilatus or any other mountain actually.

Mt. Pilatus is free with the Swiss Travel Pass but you still have to go in line to get a ticket with a bar code to get into the gondolas etc.

Lucas

• The thread ‘Advance booking required for Matterhorn paradise?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.