Advance reservations for VIP seats on Golden Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 February 2016 at 9:33:32 #808369

I understand that Advance reservation is not required on the Golden Pass. However it is recommended if we want to travel in the leading VIP car of the Panoramic train. I have 2nd Class Swiss Travel passes for me and my wife for April 2016 and I was trying to upgrade and reserve for this car from Interlaken/Zweissimen to Montreux but was unable to find the link on Goldenpass.ch. Can you please help? Is it also true that to upgrade to 1st class I have to pay half the difference between the 1st and 2nd class?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    4 February 2016 at 10:56:49 #848172

Welcome to MySwissAlps!

The VIP seats are only available in first class and between Zweisimmen and Montreux. So for that leg, you indeed you need an upgrade ticket and pay half the price difference. You can buy that at any staffed rail station, e.g. Interlaken Ost. The seats can be booked through the link on our Golden Pass page (under “More on other websites”).

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 February 2016 at 12:57:28 #848173

Thank you Arno, I found the website and the link. However I cannot figure out which are the VIP seats. Are these VIP seats available in 2nd class too? And the cost mentioned from Zweisimmen to Montreux is only for reservation. Do I pay for upgrade from 2nd to 1st only at the time of the journey or can I do it in advance?

Arno
    15471 posts
    4 February 2016 at 14:33:32 #848174

No, first class only. You need to buy the upgrade at any station, see my previous post. The seats are in the front of the train and more expensive than the other seats. If you can’t find them please share your travel date and time.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 February 2016 at 15:14:27 #848175

Me and my wife from Zweisimmen to Montreal on 9 April 2016 by train No. 3115 or earliest thereafter. Thankyou.

Arno
    15471 posts
    4 February 2016 at 15:26:07 #848176

That train indeed does not have VIP seats. It’s supposed to have normal panoramic carriages, but no VIP seats. Train 2119 at 12h25 does have them. All places are still available. Good luck!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 February 2016 at 15:51:18 #848177

My reservation in VIP seats is done . Thank you.

A suggestion. Wherever mention is made of VIP seats in Golden Pass, pls provide a link to the reservation site. Also in search columns of the reservation site, please provide option of “Do you want VIP seats Yes/No”so that only those trains with VIP seats would show in results.

Thank you once again for providing solutions and that too in real time.

Arno
    15471 posts
    5 February 2016 at 8:46:49 #848178

Hi sartajsasson,

I’m glad it worked out! I understand your first suggestion, but there’s a technical reason for not linking from lots of places. These links to other websites tend to change a lot, and it’s much more efficient maintenance wise to just provide one link on the page. As for the reservation site itself: please let them know about your suggestions. It’s not our website so we can’t do anything there, but I like your suggestion.

Enjoy the ride!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 February 2016 at 9:10:39 #848179

Thanks. Who is the person/site to inform for this?

Arno
    15471 posts
    5 February 2016 at 10:42:08 #848180

It’s the site you were on: http://www.goldenpass.ch. Just click to Contact.

• The thread ‘Advance reservations for VIP seats on Golden Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.