Brig to Zermatt included in Adventure Card?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 June 2019 at 5:16:50 #822263

I am interested in a 3 day adventure card, but I am having trouble understanding if the adventure card will give me free travel from

1.Brig to Zermatt train trip return on Monday Aug 26

2.Brig to Dormodossola train on Weds Aug 28

and I understand it gives me 50% off the Gornergrat train from Zermatt

Thank you for your help

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    14 June 2019 at 5:23:39 #915135

Hello AmyAus and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

Have you had a look at the map and narrative at http://www.myswissalps.com/ad venturecard/validity?

It helps if you download the map as a PDF then it is much easier to zoom in to see more detail.

It covers the things you list but could we have a bit more info on your overall itinerary so we can offer a bit more targeted travel pass advice.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 June 2019 at 8:28:21 #915136

Thank you Rockoyster,

I have downloaded the map and zoomed in, yet still could not be sure if the Brig- Zermatt return train , or the Brig- Domodossola train is included in the “free” travel for the adventure card. Can you , (or anyone else!) please confirm this? Also, how do you nominate your days of travel with a 2 or 3 day travel card? Do you just buy it, and whatever day you first travel is day one, and the next day you choose to use it, day 2, or do you need to pre nominate your travel days when you buy this card?

Thanks again for any information you can give me on this.

Arno
    15482 posts
    14 June 2019 at 8:38:03 #915137

Hi AmyAus,

Yes, those trains are included. The red lines indicate free travel, you’ll find a legend in the bottom of the map.

You only need to pick the start date when you buy the pass. That’s when the month starts. You can choose your actual travel days later, as you need them. Purchase options are listed here: http://www.myswissalps.com/ad venturecard/price.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    14 June 2019 at 11:00:47 #915138

Are you sure that’s the best pass for your Swiss itinerary. Never seen anyone else opting for that. Are you parachuting into Brig by any chance?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 June 2019 at 22:49:40 #915139

Thanks Arno, that was very helpful information, and much appreciated.

Rockoyster, I wonder why no one opts for that if it is a valid option? I thought a single rail ticket from Geneva to Brig was better value than using it as a “day” on the adventure pass.

Cheers all.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    14 June 2019 at 22:59:02 #915140

I wonder why no one opts for that if it is a valid option?

I have no idea Amy but I can honestly say I had never even heard of the Adventure Pass until you asked the question. Despite it appearing at http://www.myswissalps.com/re gionalpasses – just never noticed it. So thanks for that 😉.

BTW the Saver Day Pass (http://www.myswissalps.com/sa verdaypass and bit.ly/2rkekat) is marginally cheaper that a full fare ticket Geneva to Brig.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 June 2019 at 23:11:02 #915141

Great, thanks Rockoyster, I’ll definitely look into your ideas for Geneva to Brig! The adventure card looks good, but now how to figure how to get it, because it says it cant be printed off from online! Lucky I still have time to work all this out 🙂

Cheers

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    14 June 2019 at 23:27:09 #915142

You may be able to buy the AC at Geneva. If not then certainly at Brig.

I guess few people use it because it covers only a narrow part of Switzerland.

Just as a matter of interest have you compared the full-fares with the per day cost of the card? Eg Brig to Domodossola is around CHF16.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 June 2019 at 23:34:38 #915143

Will surely keep doing these comparisons, thanks again for your help Rockoyster 😀

• The thread ‘Brig to Zermatt included in Adventure Card?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.