May 20, 2017 - 3:16 PM
Hi fabulous team
I have done some research and are thinking of the following options to go from Montreux to Zurich
1. To take the 09.44 from Montreux which is the MOB Panoramic Train to Zweisimmen where it then continues to the Goldenpass Panoramic when i get to Spiez i then have to change onto the intercity train and arrive at Zurich at 13.58 .
2. Alternatively the following route is available Montreux - Lausanne- Zurich which takes 2hrs 40 mins with 1 change. At the same time departure 09.48 arrives Zurich at 12.28
I have some questions and I would like some advice on which is best suited to my travel ideas - we are a family of 4 travelling with rucksacks
1. Firstly would route 1 be covered with and interrail Global pass - i have read that it is but just wanted to confirm
2. If i took route 1 which i would assume is more sceenic?? would i have time to stop and store luggage in Bern which is on route . I have seen locker facilities at Bern Station - how safe are these to use and any time restrictions for collection.
3. Alternatively if i was to go with route 2 which is quicker could I was thinking of leaving luggage at my accommodation and heading out to the Rhinefalls and perhaps visit Stein Am Rhein/Schauffsen which Lucas has commented on before.
Any advice greatly received the deciding factor is that i am only staying overnight in Zurich and in the morning are heading to Munich so would like to see as much of the city and area of Zurich as possible - any suggestion on what to actually see in the city of Zurich.
Many thanks in advance