8 day Swiss holiday planning help in Lucerne

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 May 2018 at 9:23:26 #816346

Hi

I’m visiting Switzerland between 18-26 August.

I’ve already been to Switzerland before and covered Wengen, Jungfrau, Geneva and Vevey.

I am keen on covering Mount Titlis and Lucerne during this trip.

Please suggest on how to plan this trip. Details will be super helpful.

Also suggest if and what travelpass I should buy as travelling becomes super expensive there!

Thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 May 2018 at 12:47:31 #886914

Hi Akanksha and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Are you looking to stay in Lucerne for the entire week? Are you hoping to visit other areas/mountains other than Titlis and Lucerne?

You can get some information on what to do and where to go in Switzerland here if you need suggestions:
    https://www.myswissalp s.com/wheretogo
    https://www.myswissalp s.com/activities

You’ll need to plan out your itinerary first (with all train, boat and mtn trips) before you can decide on the best rail pass for your trip. Start with looking at this page: https://www.myswissalp s.com/train/ticketspas ses/practical/choosera ilpass

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 May 2018 at 12:50:09 #886915

Hi Akanska…Switzerland is such an addiction …that u can never have enough .

Itineray would be a function of the travel group (single/family) , themes you would like(scenic rides /adventure /hikes /panoramic trains / historic vistas etc).

Let me attempt an itinerary – that includes a big city , quaint villages , covering parts of Switzerland that you not covered and a variety of experiences.

Presume you land in Zurich

Day 1 – Rhine Falls/ Stein am Rhein

Day 2 – Zurich city tour /cruise/FIFA museum /Old city – Luzern

Day 3 – Mount Titlis ….Luzern Chapel Bridge and other monuments

Day 4 – Luzern – Montreux – (Golden Pass Line) – Chocolate Factory (Bulle is a quaint town)

Day 5 – early start Montreux – Lake Chillon – Berne (city excursions)

Day6 – Berne – Zermatt (Matternorn)

Day 7 – Zermatt – Chur – Glacier express – Zurich

Day 8 – Zurich

The only thing this trip misses is the “Italian part of Switzerland”

You could then alter the trip to do a trip out from Zurich-Chur – Tirano – Lugano (Bernina)..overnight at Lugano and back to Zurich.

This is an itinerary that focusses areas you have not covered

• The thread ‘8 day Swiss holiday planning help in Lucerne’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.