June trip to Interlaken, Zermatt, Montreux Geneva

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 March 2017 at 13:07:25 #811055

I needed some help regarding our trip to Switzerland this summer. I would be travelling to Switzerland from France on June 30 (FRI) and leaving on July 4 (TUE) from GENEVA at 21:30. My tentative itinerary from the trip is

June 30 (FRI) – travel from Paris to Interlaken

July 1 (SAT) – trip to Jungfraujoch

July 2 (SUN) – travel to Montreaux (GOLDEN PASS EXPRESS)

July 3 (MON) – trip to ZERMATT (MATTERHORN)

July 4(TUE) – ZERMATT / MONTREAUX to Geneva to catch a flight at 21:30

I’d like to enquire about the following

1. Which SWISS PASS would be best suited for me

2. Which train to take from Paris to Interlaken

3. Any additional excursions i could take given my itinerary, especially on the last day when i have a flight to catch from Geneva.

Any comments or suggestions regarding change of itinerary are most welcome. Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 March 2017 at 19:20:39 #860030

Hi Kapurpranay,

1. I think a Swiss Travel Pass would be best suited for your itinerary. Either a 4 day or 8 day depending on your budget. You should also check the costs of the point to point tickets and compare them to the Swiss Travel Pass to get an idea of any savings you could get. Use the excel sheet here to help you.
    2. For a list of trains you can take from Paris to Interlaken search here, and tickets here.
    3. Perhaps a boat cruise on Lake Geneva could be quite enjoyable? Also a visit to Chillon Castle is very popular, and we have a list of activities you may enjoy in the Montreux area as well as South-West Switzerland (Geneva area) you can read over.

Otherwise it looks like a very nice little trip around Switzerland!

Lucas

• The thread ‘June trip to Interlaken, Zermatt, Montreux Geneva’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.